Chapter 10

Damage Control

Shivaay moved to the living room, followed by Anika. As Shivaay went to switch on the lights, Anika curiously looked around for the source of the sounds.

The moment the room lit up, Anika's eyes fell on two very familiar people.

"Oho, can't you do one thing properly?"

The man only rolled his eyes, trying to straighten the fallen suit case. When Anika saw them, she grinned, rushing towards them and taking them in a hug.

"Oh My God! Why is nobody informing me about their arrival?"

"That's called surprising you, darling." Avinash, Anika's father ruffled her hair.

When Shivaay saw them in a hug he smiled before soundlessly standing behind Anika. When she pulled away, Shivaay took Radhika in a tight hug, with a 'I missed you so much darling.'

Avinash tapped Shivaay's shoulder lightly, who hugged him as well.

"Shivaay, I have given you my daughter. Leave my wife at least now."

Shivaay chuckled not before winking at Radhika.

Anika smiled fondly as she looked at them.

They were about to be enveloped in silence but Om, Rudra and Gauri descended the stairs, unaware of the new arrivals.

"Bhaiya, Bhabhi, how long are you going to take? We didn't send you for romanc-"

Gauri who was walking behind Rudra pushed him aside and rushed towards her parents, jumping on them excitedly.

By the time they pulled away, Om and Rudra caught up with them.

"Gauri, do not jump on people that way." Om suggested. "I mean, not everyone can handle your excitement."

Gauri gave him a thin-lipped smile. Before she could say something, Shivaay interrupted, "Exactly. Whenever you feel like jumping on somebody, ask Om. I think he would happily help. Kyu Om?"

Om raised his eyebrows at that while Gauri looked away.

"Radhika, I feel after Anika, we are going to have to leave Gauri here permanently as well." Avinash smiled fondly as he noticed the exchanged glances between Om and Gauri.

Gauri's eyes widened as she ran away, leaving behind her chuckling parents and an amused Anika and Shivaay.

"Kya Uncle, Aunty, you should have had another daughter as well. What should I do now?" Rudra shook his head in mock disappointment, earning glares from his brothers.

"Now, I request you to come inside, not really letting my darling stand here." Shivaay grinned. Radhika interlocked her arms with his, making the Father-Daughter rolled their eyes. They then raised eyebrows at each other, smiling and moving behind them.

-

The Oberois and Trivedis didn't realise how time passed amidst all the preparations and it was time for Shivaay and Anika's roka.

While Anika had spent the day in relaxation, Shivaay had to rush people around, finding the perfect ring and gift for Anika.

Evening set in quickly, the Oberois and Trivedis still making sure that they weren't missing out on anything.

As the guests started arriving at the Oberoi Mansion, Anika came downstairs, dressed in a red and blue combination of lehenga.

If her nervousness since two nights ago wasn't enough, one look at the door just in time and she froze.