Chapter 11

Something Important

Shivaay had asked Rudra and Gauri to spill what was going on. Gauri had even decided to let Shivaay know, in hopes that it would make Anika say something. She had just begun when Pinky called Shivaay and Anika for their roka.

Rudra excitedly hurried them to the circular stage that had been set up, not before giving Gauri a pointed look, who only pouted in annoyance.

"Billu, Anika, you'll have to exchange rings now." Dadi smiled at them.

Anika and Shivaay looked at each other, a wave of emotions and thoughts passing.

Even if this begins with a lie, I promise it won't continue on a lie.

Anika looked at Shivaay with determination, taking a deep breath, she raised her right hand.

Shivaay took hold of her hand, softly, and slowly slid the ring.

Even if I haven't confessed, I promise we will continue only with love. And maybe a bit of tadi.

Anika slid the finger in his hand, smiling at him widely.

As the Panditji chanted some mantras and proceeded with the roka, everyone clapped excitedly.

When they were done, they were led to sit on a woven cot, Dadi had specially ordered for.

Pinky and Radhika arrived, with their daughter-in-law and son-in-law's favourite dishes. Pinky made Anika eat the gajar ka halwa while Radhika fed Shivaay the kheer. As Anika asked for a few more bites, Pinky chuckled.

One by one, the family members all gave them some gifts, be it a Shiv-Parvati idol from Gauri, a painting of Shivaay and Anika as kids from Om, or Dadi's nice album full of Billu-Billi memories as she liked to call it.

"So you were hiding this when I came to you last week?" Shivaay asked as he fondly went through the pictures and stories of theirs that he wasn't even aware of.

"Haan." She smiled, proud of her handiwork.

Anika hugged Dadi, kissing her on her cheeks. Shivaay joined them as well. Just when they were pulling away, he swiftly and sneakily placed a kiss on Anika's cheeks.

Anika looked at him, her mouth in the perfect 'O' shape. She looked around to see if someone had spotted his actions, which thankfully nobody had. That's what she thought.

Until her eyes fell on Mahira and Daksh, standing a little away, looking at her with amused smiles.

Smiling at them sheepishly, her face already bright red, she sat back down, not before glaring at Shivaay who smirked at her cheekily.

As everyone got busy, Anika interacting with a few of her and Shivaay's friends from school and Shivaay was busy with Gauri, Anika's eyes fell on Mahira who was walking towards Shivaay.

Before Anika could react, Mahira already reached Shivaay and congratulated him.

Shivaay looked at her in confusion and Anika opened her mouth to explain, when Shivaay himself exclaimed, "Mahi?"

Mahira nodded excitedly, "Arey waah! You recognized me?"

"How do you guys know each other?" Anika looked at them in shock.

"Arey Ani, that day I called you. Jiju picked up, so we had a little chat and he asked me to not inform you about our arrival. Wanted to surprise you." Mahira winked.

"Oh. So," before Anika could ask if they had discussed about Daksh, Rudra's voice boomed through the speakers.

"So, today is my Bhaiya's roka. Since we all are aware what a fantastic dancer Bhaiya is, I won't really let him go without a dance. Bhaiya, catch hold of Anika Bhabhi's hand already, lest somebody should grab a chance."

Everyone chuckled while Shivaay smoothly intertwined his hands with Anika, giving her an 'innocent' look.

"And now, playing for my Bhabhi, her favourite movie's song!" Anika looked at Rudra gratefully. Rudra only raised his collars, while Om playfully slapped him.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kabhi, kabhi hai dhoop zindagi

Anika was still looking at them when Shivaay tugged at her hand, turning her to face him, his hands sliding around her waist, pulling her close. He started moving them softly with the music, looking straight in Anika's eyes.

Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho

Twirling her gracefully, he turned her, her back now against his front.

Maybe it was the music, maybe it was the dim lights, or maybe it was just him and her, he pulled her a little closer, his face wandering towards her neck.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kabhi, kabhi hai dhoop zindagi

Anika gasped as Shivaay placed a soft kiss behind her ear. Her heart had started beating faster as soon as they started dancing but it now almost jumped out of the ribcage.

Har pal yahan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho

When Shivaay turned her again, she looked at him in the eyes, finding a very familiar emotion in them. He wasn't smiling anymore.

Chaahe jo tumhe poore dil se
Milta hai woh mushkil se
Aisa jo koi kahin hai
Bas wohi sabse hasin hai

Shivaay placed a hand on her shoulder, trailing it down towards her fingers, the touch almost feather like. Anika closed her eyes as his touch left a burning trail behind.

Uss haath ko tum thaam lo
Woh meherbaan kal ho naa ho

"Shivaay, we are amidst family. Wh- What are you doing?" Anika whispered. Shivaay only closed his eyes, trying to gather control of himself.

Har pal yahaan
Jee bhar jiyo jo hai samaa
Kal ho naa ho

He left her and ran a hand through his hair. He had almost turned to leave when his heart quickly made a decision. Grabbing her hand he looked at Anika, still looking lost.

"Come with me." His eyes showed an urgency she couldn't comprehend.

"Kahan?" Anika asked, her brows furrowed.

"I need to tell you something. Something really important."

Anika stared at him for a few seconds before slightly nodding, following him.

How was the update? Good enough?
I am not sure how it turned out, considering I am half asleep already, had a long day.
How much do you trust me right now? Will things be easy? :P

I guess this one seems short as well. Hopefully, the next one is more happening :P

BlackManiacx

P.S. Mahi is a girl. Full name is Mahira. Changed it in the previous chapter as well.