Chapter 6

Jiju

"Will you ever be able to love me if we get married?"

Shivaay stared at her for a few seconds, contemplating whether he should just confess.

But what if she feels nothing and feels compelled to, or thinks that she owes me?

"Anika... I"

Shivaay's stammering words made her lose out on the little hope, "How stupid of me!" She exclaimed, making him look at her in confusion.

"How can you tell the future or promise me? It is not a compulsion, is it? To fall in love after marriage? That's only for the films. But what I meant was, you won't leave me, will you?"

"Anika, after bearing with you for so long, do you think I can't endure you for another lifetime?" Shivaay chuckled as Anika placed her hands on her hips, staring at him with narrowed eyes.

"See mister, noboy is forcing you, okay? Back out if you want to."

At that, Shivaay didn't know what happened to him, what got into him but he leaned a bit closer and whispered, "Who said I want to?"

Anika just sat, there, not blinking or breathing for a few seconds, wondering what happened.

He only said a few simple words!

But those words had an affect on her he hadn't expected. Her cheeks turned a slight tinge of pink as she gulped nervously.

Shivaay wondered what caught her so off-guard and stared at her for a few seconds.

Do I affect her?

Even the idea in itself made him so happy. Shivaay smiled to himself.

Then, as if something suddenly struck him, he asked, "If you are comfortable, can you tell me what happened between you and Daksh. I mean you were even talking about him a few days ago and then the chocolates..." he trailed off when he saw her smiling a bit.

"What is there to not be comfortable about, Shivaay?"

Anika sat quietly, wondering what to tell him.

"You really don't have anyone in mind, do you?"

"Anika, stop turning this on me again and again!" Shivaay sternly looked at her.

At that, Anika muttered something he couldn't catch.

"Well..." Anika started, still wondering what to tell this idiot beside her.

"Daksh cheated on me!" She blabbered. Only when she realised what she had done, that she internally screeched at herself.

Phail gaya raita!

"He did what? And you still bring me chocolates from him?" He looked at her incredulously. How weird can she be?

"What was his full name? I am going to sue him..." Shivaay started off.

"Uh, Shivaay, jaane do na..." Anika trailed off. His eyes held the fury she feared to face.

Kya kiya Anika?!

"When I moved to Delhi, I met Daksh. He was a great guy, helping me throughout. Then 10 months ago, he proposed to me. I said, yes, because why not? Then only few weeks ago..." Anika stammered wondering how to tell Shivaay the truth. Before she could, Shivaay wrapped his arms around her.

"Sshh, Anika. You do not need to say things you can't."

"But Shivaay, actuall-" Shivaay cut her off, by pressing her more into himself.