Chapter 14

Love

Shivaay broke through the water surface, wiping the water off his face.

"Fhat the Wuck Anika?"

He waded his way to the edge again. "Give me your hand." He grumbled.

Anika bent a bit. "Oh, so you can pull me in as well?" Anika said, haughtily.

Shivaay groaned and helped himself out.

"May I have the honour to ask you why the hell did you push me in?" Shivaay tried sounding as 'polite' as he could.

"Because you are the biggest idiot I have ever come across!" Anika smiled brightly.

Shivaay sat on the pool edge.

"Get up!" Anika ordered, not looking at him.

"Kyu? So you can push me in again? You even ruined my sherwani." Shivaay taunted.

"I mean go get up and change. You catch cold easily." Anika mumbled, still not looking at him.

"Oh." Shivaay nodded in understanding. Can't stop caring for me and expects me to not fall for her. Mad girl.

He moved to his room, followed by Anika. As he found his towel, Anika scrambled through his cupboard.

"What now?" Shivaay asked. He couldn't face her. He didn't know how long will he be able to contain himself.

"I thought you'll have some of my old dresses here. The ones I would keep here, for nightout purposes." Anika smiled softly.

"Top most shelf." Shivaay called out, moving to the bathroom.

While Shivaay had a cool shower, trying to calm down his turbulent emotions, Anika quickly changed, sitting on the bed, Indian style.

Shivaay, in his mess of a state, had forgotten that Anika might still be in the room. He walked out, shirtless, a towel wrapped around his neck.

When Anika saw him coming out, she stared at him for a few seconds before looking away, embarrassed. Shivaay smiled sadly when he saw her turning away.

This was the same girl who would try weird hairstyles when he just came from a bath, without letting him even wear his shirt, lest his hair should dry up. Even with his short hair, she would love combing them for him. After all, Shivaay did not let most people touch his hair. It was a matter of pride in itself for her.

Walking to his cupboard, he took out his kurta and went to sit beside Anika.

Anika had assumed Shivaay must have worn his kurta, so she was taken aback when she saw him still shirtless. She couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with her. She had seen him shirtless since so long. Even in their teenage years, Anika would notice the effects of gyming, even telling Shivaay at times. Closely observed him. But right now, Anika knew if she would stare any longer she would go crazy. So when she saw him so close, she gulped nervously, looking away.

"Are you really so stupid Shivaay?" Anika began, knowing that she shouldn't say anything about his state if she wanted to save herself from embarrassment.

"What did I do? You even pushed me into the pool for reasons I don't understand." Shivaay tried controlling himself. He hadn't cried since God knows when but if they continue like this, he definitely would lose control.

"Shivaay, I told you I loved someone since before I even went to Delhi. What does that mean?"

"You met him here in Mumbai."