•55•

Y/N's p.o.v.

I looked at Jungkook in shock. Did he really just say what I thought he did? I closed my eyes and shook my head, sure I'd wake up. I opened my eyes and I was there. Sitting across from me. He sighed and stood up. My eyes widened as I watched him start to walk away.

I felt the urge to run after him, to not let him go. So I didn't.

Before I could even process what I was doing, I had already jumped out of my chair. I went after Jungkook as fast as I could. I grabbed his arm and he spun around. Without even thinking about it, I grabbed his face and kissed him.

It wasn't like one of those cliché kisses in movies. There weren't fireworks or anything, it was just a kiss. It felt right, though. Like it was something that'd been missing. It shocked him, I knew that.

He tensed up when I grabbed at him, but immediately wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

We pulled away to catch our breaths and I leaned my forehead against his chest. I stayed there for a few minutes, just standing in Jungkook's embrace. I'd tried for so long to deny my feelings for him, I never realized until now how strong those feelings actually were. Although Jungkook was there, it still felt like he was missing somehow. I never understood why. Until now.

"Jungkook." I mumbled into his chest and he pulled back to look down at me. "I couldn't breathe." I took a deep breath and he laughed. Once I could breathe again, I looked up at him and cupped his face with my hands. "I love you, too." I said.

He leaned down and pressed another kiss to my lips. This one was shorter, though. He walked me upstairs. "It's really late, Y/N. You should just stay here until tomorrow. You can sleep in my bed, I'll stay on the couch." He opened the bedroom door, motioning for me to go in. I walked a few feet in and turned around. Jungkook was already starting to walk away. I ran after him again and grabbed his hand, he turned around surprised. "I want you to stay with me."

He gave me a small smile and grabbed my hand. He turned around, walking behind me back to his room.

I slid into bed and felt the other side dip as I felt Jungkook next to me. It wasn't long before I felt his arms wrap around me. I happily leaned back into his hold, feeling the warmth from his body heat. He nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Jungkook?" I asked quietly, in case he'd fallen asleep. He mumbled into my neck. I laughed at the feeling and felt him smile behind me. "Can I ask you a question?" I rolled over to face him and he looked down at me.

"Why didn't you ever tell me before?" He sighed. "I never thought you loved me back."He said calmly, but I could hear the sadness laced in his voice.

I leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You're an idiot." I laughed and he smiled.

He pulled me closer and put his head at the crook of my neck again. I rested my head against his chest and listened. It was somehow peaceful to me. After a few minutes it became slower and even, meaning he'd fallen asleep.

Not much long after that I felt my eyelids getting heavy and I yawned. I closed my eyes and put my head back down on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat again and soon fell asleep.

I feel bad because I did that cliffhanger and then didn't post for a few days. Sorry about that. I've been doing testing at school and the two tests I've been stressed about the most were this week. But I'm done with testing for the most part now. Not to mention I had writer's block while writing this. So I'm sorry if this chapter sucks. I've been debating on keeping this story going or just ending it but it's getting long. 😂

Anyways, I feel like shit so I'm going to start writing the next chapter.
❤️