Chapter 21- Goodbyes and Movie Night (Edited)

Aaliya's POV

"Aaliya please wake up, we all miss you and want you to wake up mum and dad are all leaving for Saudi Arabia tomorrow at least wake up to say goodbye to them," I heard someone say as I immediately recognized Amir's voice. Why was he talking to me like I have been asleep for ages or days?

Then it all came back hitting me one by one the wedding, the guy in the black, the gunshot to my back, Amir finding me, the ambulance sirens and then pitch black.

I couldn't move as I heard the beeping of machines all around me wondering where the hell am I as I tried opening my eyes and after multiple tries, I managed to eventually open my eyes slowly revealing white ceilings and white lights all around. Turning around I was met with a dishevelled Amir with his hair everywhere and deep, dark bags under his eyes.

"A..mir," I tried to speak but ended up coughing as Amir handed me a glass of water which I gulped down, wow how thirsty was I?

"Shhh it's okay take your time, don't you have scared us like that again, do you understand?" Amir asked me as I nodded my head and slowly looked around the room and saw 11 pairs of eyes staring right back at me with tears in their eyes. Standing there was Ammi, Abbu, Mum, Dad, Ameena, Aleena, Amar, Amira, Safina, Simra and Subhan with gifts in their hands with dark bags under their eyes.

Slowly getting up I looked around," How long have I been unconscious for?" I asked, looking at Amir as Dr Humaira entered the room.

"Ahh Aaliya you are finally awake I thought I would have to inject you in case your operation wasn't a success," she said, getting some medicine out for me and handing me a glass of water which I took from her and thanked her.

After finishing my glass of water and medicine I asked her a question," So how long have I been unconscious for?" to which she just shook her head and sat down next to me on the bed.

"You have been unconscious for about three days, Aaliya you need to listen to me carefully now you got shot in your back in a tissue which is really close to your spine and that may cause some discomfort and stiffness in your lower back area which is known as Osteoarthritis and you will need to take it easy which means no harsh movements or running around otherwise your stitches will open up and the operation for that will be even riskier than the one we just had to do, so I am sorry to say but no more outings or going to work and you can't carry heavy things more then 10 kg so that means no more picking up Amira," she said to me and left the room as tears fell out my eyes as I don't want to be dependent on Amir's money and I don't want to be a burden on him but that also means mum and dad delayed their flight for me.

"Okay but I don't want to be dependent on anyone's money or be a burden on anyone and ammi, abbu, mum and dad I am sorry you had to delay your flight because of me," I said as I hung my head low ashamed.

Ammi came up to me and handed me my phone, my phone screen was covered in messages from all my friends and Zainab as a smile appeared on my face.

"See beti all these people care about you so don't say that it wasn't your fault but it was written in your destiny written in our destiny so it was meant to happen and you are not a burden on anyone," Amir said as everybody nodded and came up to me one by one and hugged me whilst placing my gifts on the end of my bed.

"Aaliya and children we are now going otherwise we will be late, be careful and take care of the house if I come home to see anything out of shape then I will be chasing you with a shoe Subhan," Mum said looking at Subhan whilst I burst out laughing as Subhan tried denying the fact that he will mess up the house as we all know isn't true and I could imagine mum chasing Subhan with a shoe around the house which made me laugh a lot.