DESCRIPTIONS

Okay so usually the description of a book can go one of two ways

==========

ONE, it describes the whole goddamn book, like sheesh you shouldn't need a freaking spoiler alert for the description of YOUR OWN BOOK!

example;

Hi my names Rose Gilbert, Elena's twin sister, shocking right, you didn't know she had a sister. Well she does, and I'm treated horribly by everyone, my boyfriend Klaus that no one knows about is the only one who loves me.

I'm super emo because my stupid sister is an attention seeking whore. I'm always kidnapped because I look like my best friend Katherine.

Klaus cheats on me and then I get married to Damon, my life sucks so bad, Elena's such a spotlight stealer!

Now I'm a vampire, and this is my story.

( I'M MAKING THIS INTO A PARODY FIC, CHECK IT OUT)

&

NO ROSE, you just gave your whole fucking 'story' away in the description!!! This is, cliche, boring, and makes you look like an idiot, so don't do it.

And what's with all this fourth wall breakage in the descriptions, seriously super cheesy and cheap.

==============

TWO, It's like one sentence, or even worse a song lyric.

example;

" Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed "

&

It's even worse when the lyric or sentence, has NOTHING to do with the story. The book can be about an Elena replica that's a personified damsel in distress while the description reads,

" I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh "

Like no honey, your not fired up and tired of the way that things have been, you're just a basic bitch.

&

So please people, make your descriptions attention grabbing. And most importantly, make them an actual DESCRIPTION of the story you're writing, not THE story your writing.

(this was all over the damn place, so congratulations if you understood a word of that mess. You deserve a cookie.)

)