ONE DAMN OC

Why does nearly EVERY TVD fanfic only include one ORIGINAL character

Why does nearly EVERY TVD fanfic only include one ORIGINAL character.  It's super boring and predictable to me by now.

I'd much rather read about a lot of new dynamic characters interacting with the story line and providing other plots than the ones we know already.  It really spices the story up.

For example you have twin characters that are BOTH main characters.  They can have an amazing or horrible relationship, and make friends with different people.  

Like, one twin can be buddy buddy with the scooby gang, and the other is all up on the originals.

It could provide a lot of juicy content, as well as a few cute sibling moments or something.

Or, you could have your OC have a unique family for a goddamn change.  

Make your character have funny, cool parents that can make the reader have a few laughs, or have the parents be bickering and get divorced in the middle of the book or something, so the reader can relate to the book even more.

Just please, make more than one character of your own imagination, they don't even have to be featured in the story that much, just add some new fresh faced pizzas to Mystic Falls.

helpful rant over