EVOLUTION

So , evolution, I'm not talking science, I'm talking the evolution of your character(s).  

So I've read more than enough stories where the OC starts the book as a sweet little cinnamon roll and ends the book as a sweet little cinnamon roll.  Or where the OC starts the book as a wannabe bad bitch and ends the book as a wannabe bad bitch.

Just a side-note, if your character goes through no trauma, triumphs, ect.  I'm not going to except their bad B status, no matter how much the writer tries to remind me how cool they are, show me don't tell me.

MAKE YOUR CHARACTER CHANGE, and not just for a little while.

For Example:

Their sister DIES

Your OC should not just get over it in a few days.  Make the things that happen in your story leave a lasting impact on your main character and the world around them. 

-Maybe their sister drowns / every time they see water they think about her and get sad.

-Maybe your OC tries to constantly fill the void of their sister with things like friends, food, drugs, or alcohol.

-Hopefully you get my point.

SHOW YOUR CHARACTERS CHANGE, EFFECT THE PLOT / RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEIR CHANGE.  THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT.

(ps. I haven't updated in AGES, i just wanted to pop in here and dump this mess on you guys.  :) How is everyone? )