10

荷花 means Lotus

The flower rises from the mud and blooms in exquisite beauty it symbolizes perfection and purity of both the heart and mind. It also represents long life and honour.

•••••

Kuan-Yin trained her weak body to the limit every day to strengthen her body as quickly as possible to prepare it for combat. Each day was painful and sore limbs and knocked out as she as landed on her bed to rest. As she had forgotten how painful it was at the beginning of her cultivation days though it was painful she could feel her body becoming stronger. So, she was persistent and continued with the harsh training that she had given herself even though her body was screaming in pain. The alchemists that lived here treated her with respect because she was a noble and her medical knowledge was vast. Her reputation quickly spread because of her alchemist talents and her becoming a disciple of Master Zhong.

But, only Master Zhong, Susu, and Fan knew she was Lian Jianyu. She wore male clothes, tied her hair, and put a face-changing mask on herself to better disguise herself. She went into the study room where Susu was practicing to make a basic recovery pill. It came as a shock to Jianyu when Susu showed an interest in alchemy so Jianyu instantly put Susu in the study of alchemy. She was diligent and hardworking with the help of Master Zhong she improved by leaps and bounds. It never hurt to have an extra alchemist on the sidelines.

Jianyu checked the calender seeing that today was one of the checkup days for the Second Prince to see whether he kept up with his instructions, "Master, I will need to visit the prince for his checkup." Jianyu bowed toward him before going out.

Her master smiled as he was drawing on a piece of paper it seemed to look like a map, "That I know. Susu is very hardworking even though her talent is only average." Master Zhong gently blew on the paper so that the ink would dry faster, "I also have the location of the guzheng on this map." Once he was certain that the ink was dried he gave the map to Jianyu accepted it with both hands and went to pack his things into his spatial ring. Jianyu walked out of the alchemist tower to be greeted by fellow alchemists on the way out. 

Once Jianyu walked through the bustling streets where vendors were trying to lure customers with their food, shops were set up with various goods. Blacksmiths were in their shops making their creations that were suitable for every class as sparks flew in various directions. Fabric shops had the most lustrous fabric which reflected the light of the sun, some shimmered beautifully in the moonlight. Pet shops were bustling with business due to the high demand for a powerful companion for battle, but it was a hit-or-miss gamble. Jianyu saw the Second Prince in the pet shop looking at the eggs. Companion eggs were difficult to distinguish from bad and good but Jianyu used to study the beast-taming disciple as an elective in their past life.

Jianyu went up to the Prince and tapped him on the shoulder. "Second Prince, are you looking for a companion?" He stared at the various eggs ranging in colour, patterns, and size. People cheered once they saw what was inside while others weep to see their money drained from obtaining the weakest companion pets. But, Jianyu didn't understand why some were praised when they were unsuitable for some people. 

The Second Prince was surprised to see Jianyu today in the marketplace as he was expecting to see him at the Palace for the checkup, "Oh! Jianyu I didn't see you." He smiled at the young boy, "Yes, I am but I'm not too sure which one to pick." He rummaged his brow as he stared at the eggs that were displayed unsure which one was good. It was a gamble most of the time. Most of the time you can get rotten eggs while other times you could get a companion pet but whether it was good or bad was up to luck.

This piqued Jianyu's curiosity who stared at the eggs before them sensing that about sixty percent of them were rotten or close to rotten, "What do you need a companion to do for you?" Jianyu touched a couple of the eggs sensing the presence of the creature that was in them. There were a few good ones but not that many.