33

After an hour of crying her eyes were swollen, red with constant rubbing of the eyes and wet cheeks. Kuan-Yin sniffed a little when a large thumb wiped away a tear from her cheek, "Yin'er no need to cry anymore you have grandfather, father, mother and me to be your family from now on." Chen reassuring tone moved Kuan-Yin's heart. He carried her to the Jingwei Sect where both Jiangsu and Zhi Rou ran towards her.

"Yin'er you back," both husband and wife simultaneously hugged the young girl, "You have to help us we can't handle Jingwei's tantrums anymore." Zhi Rou weeps helplessly.

At that moment Jingwei came zoomed down the hallways shoving any disciples in her way, "Yin'er you back I can handle these people horrible cooking skills." She pouted her cheeks, "The only good that I can eat is your cooking." Jingwei wailed like a toddler.

"Speak of the devil," Jiangsu rubbed his temple with the annoying wailing of Jingwei, "I do not know how you tolerate Jingwei's constant tantrums."

Kuan-Yin patted Jingwei, "I will cook something for you right now," Kuan-Yin walked off to the kitchen to see what ingredients could be used for lunch for the Jiangsu, Zhi Rou, Jingwei, Chen, Susu and Fan. However, seeing there was not much Kuan-Yin went shopping for the ingredients to cook for lunch and Chen followed her to the markets. Kuan-Yin bought Peking Duck from a vendor, vegetables, flour, sauces and plums. Chen was carrying the two Peking ducks and vegetables until he went to another vendor to buy something.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something," Kuan-Yin pondered on her list of ingredients for lunch and tonight's dinner. "Ahh Pork! Nearly forgot," Kuan-Yin went to buy pork from a nearby vendor.  As she was walking to the Jingwei Sect she felt a something slide into her hair. She took the object to see a beautiful silver hairpin with was embedded with a moonstone gem.

The hairpin was made of an unusual mineral that wasn't mined here in the Eastern Foreign Lands, Moonstone. She examined the moonstone which showed that the moonstone was of high-quality. The hairpin was marked with a small peacock feather which was barely noticeable. Kuan-Yin grabbed Chen's arm, "Where and who did you buy this hairpin from?"

Chen startled by Kuan-Yin sudden question paused in confusion, "I saw the hairpin at a merchant's stand so I bought it," Chen recalled the merchant at the stand, "The merchant was a young tanned man dressed very differently with bamboo green eyes."

Kuan-Yin gleamed happily and ran back into the chaotic scene of vendors and customers. She could easily find the merchant stand because of all the young female and males crowding around the stand looking at the unusual merchandise. She ran up to the merchant stand using the back door that only merchants knew of. She ran up to a tanned woman, hugging her with tiny arms.

"Lisa you finally came to the Eastern Foreign Lands," Kuan-Yin hugged the curvy woman with beautiful bronze complexion and deep jade green eyes who was doing embroidery.

"Who are you?" Lisa stared at the petite girl with confusion and caution

"Ah? Lisa, you don't remember me?" Kuan-Yin was bewildered with her best friend's reaction to her when she suddenly realised she wasn't in her old body, "Ah! Sorry, my bad,"

"Again who are you?" Lisa removed herself from Kuan-Yin.

"It's me Lian Daiyu," Kuan-Yin fumbled with her hands not sure how to explain to her best friend what happened to her.

"You got to be joking me the Lian Daiyu has white hair, much taller, has more curves and you don't have any of those features," Lisa pokes at Kuan-Yin still growing body while smirking, "Unless you can prove it to me."

Kuan-Yin lifted her sleeve to show the butterfly mark on her inner wrist the only way a person from the Lian Clan can be identified. Lisa was clasping her hands excitedly but immediately was confused, "But, why do you look so different?"

Kuan-Yin explained to Lisa the whole story from the beginning to when she died to the present. Lisa was listening intently while listening to the story that was unfolding in front of her, "No way I can't believe that an entire group of cultivators ganged up on you," Lisa was utterly shocked by the news. Lisa pricked her finger with the needle she held in her hand, "Ah Ned Daiyu is here."

Ned nodded at Kuan-Yin, "I heard everything doesn't need to explain," Ned is Lisa's husband and their love story was quite funny. Ned was also a part of the lizard men tribe back in their homeland.

"So what are you doing here in the East?" Kuan-Yin applied a salve on Lisa's finger to heal as Lisa continued to sew, "You know your merchandise can flourish in the North a lot better there."

Ned sighed heavily, "We know that but we were given a special escort request from the royal family," He pinches in the eyebrows to lessen his headaches. Kuan-Yin grabbed a herb bag from her space and gave it to him.

"Huh? How come I didn't hear any rumours about the arrival of a foreign Royal family," Kuan-Yin question the lack of gossip especially with foreigners. "This tea you can brew if your stressed or exhausted, it would be bad if a merchant can't flaunt his merchandise at his best condition."

Lisa stopped her sewing, "We are trying to keep the Royal Family low profile," Lisa whispered quietly, "Apparently in the upcoming banquet that is when they are going to announce the marriage between the two royalties,"

Ned stood up to close up the shop until he saw a white-haired man outside, "Hey Daiyu do you know how that white-haired man outside?"

"Goodness me I had forgotten about him," Kuan-Yin when to go out back but stopped, "Is it ok for him to come inside?" Kuan-Yin politely asked. Ned and Lisa nodded their head approving of Kuan-Yin's request. Kuan-Yun stuck her head out enough so that Chen could see her and she used her hand to beckon him inside the merchant stand.

Lisa giggled at the sight of a young handsome man, "Ooohhhhh~~ who this handsome man?" Lisa cooed, "Asking for a friend, hehe."

Kuan-Yin made Chen sit in the floor beside her, "Chen I want you to meet my friend Lisa the Arabian dancer I told you about," Kuan-Yin was hesitant to tell Lisa her relationship with Chen but she did it anyway, "Lisa meet Chen, my Fiancé,"

Lisa gasped in shocked, "Since when did you get a fiancé let alone a hot one at that?" Lisa laughed at her statement, "You hit the jackpot with marriage honey,"

Kuan-Yin was having a hard time translating two languages at one time and she didn't want to translate the part Lisa just said, "She said since when did I get a fiancé and you hit jackpot with marriage,"

Chen smirked, "You definitely hit the jackpot with marriage," Chen laughed when Kuan-Yin hit his shoulder.

"Join us for lunch." Lisa set aside her embroidery and set up for lunch, "I made too much."

Kuan-Yin translated the sentence and Chen agreed to have lunch with them, "Wait how about the other?"

"Well, I  can't always be there cooking for them. They going to have to find lunch themselves." Kuan-Yin was eager to eat lunch with Lisa and Ned again. "By the way, Lisa and Ned called me Kuan-Yin or Yin If it's easier."

The foursome enjoyed the delicious dishes that were served however the people back in the Jingwei Sect suffered under the wrath of a hangry Jingwei.

—————

N/A: Sorry I had a lot of events come up and I just got a fever yesterday, still sick and I'm very sorry for the very late chapter. I'm about to go to senior year and it is coming up soon so I'm preparing. So chapter updates wouldn't be as frequent as before but I will try update as frequently as possible.