48

Kuan-Yin and Chen arrived at the site where cultivators were fighting to the death. While the fight proceeded, Kuan-Yin spat black blood out as if she had been poisoned. Poison but this wasn't anything too difficult for her, she dispelled the poison from her body through her acupuncture needles which took 30 minutes since she still recovering from reviving her godfather.

Chen had already begun cutting down the numbers of the Glory Sect. Jiangsu, Kuan-Bai, Su Ming, Hua Ling, General and Fan were already fighting on the battlefield. Kuan-Yin summoned the Everlasting Black Memory Guzheng playing the instrument which gave defence and attack speed boost by 10%. Since she wasn't the same level in her last life she couldn't give much support.

A powerful blow hit Kuan-Yin at her side but she quickly got up starting at a powerful cultivator, Mei Lin. Her enemy stared at her with a crazed look, "I can't seem to get rid of you Daiyu can I?"

Her identity had been revealed, "Mei-Lin why are you doing this? Why sacrifice so much for a ritual that could kill millions of people?"

Mei Lin laughed at Kuan-Yin hysterically, "Why? Why do you ask? You are the reason why." Mei glared at Kuan-Yin, "Because of you I always have been in your shadow! Jie Xi had never looked in my direction once! He always looked at you! I don't understand why he always looks at you!" Mei Lin screamed and wielded a sword charging at her.

"So you did this just for the attention of Jie Xi?" Kuan-Yin was shocked, using a dagger to slid the weight of the sword power to the ground minimising the damage.

Mei Lin and Kuan-Yin exchanged blows with each other, damaging each other but mostly Kuan-Yin was getting the most damage. "You are so weak! What happened to the almighty Lian Daiyu the most powerful female cultivator that ever lived!" Mei Lin mocked Kuan-Yin.

Kuan-Yin smirked, "I don't live that life anymore. I live as Kuan-Yin." Kuan-Yin took pills to enhance herself and Mei Lin wasn't prepared for that. Kuan-Yin weaved through the air making after images of herself confusing Mei Lin. "You may be stronger than me in power but I am able to utilize my power efficiently."

Kuan-Yin threw all her acupuncture needles at Mei Lin stabbing into the vital spots leaving her immobilised and unable to use Qi. "Yin'er watch out!" Chen called out.

Kuan-Yin turned her direction of the attacker, Jie Xi, but she couldn't dodge the attack but she reinforced her body with Qi to minimise the damage she would take. A body flew in front of her taking the sword, the sound of flesh being piercing through resonated in her ears. Blood trickled out of Chen's mouth, "I'm glad you're safe."

Jie Xi clicked his tongue while kicking Chen's body away, "Tch! I wasted that attack on him. He won't be surviving that attack even if you are the renowned doctor." Jie Xi looked at Kuan-Yin devastated look gleaming in joy.

Kuan-Yin rushed over to Chen's body, she tenderly grabbed his head and held his hand, "Chen! You will be alright! I will cure you!" Kuan-Yin desperately tries to use pills to heal his wounds but it was ineffective and even she couldn't touch his wound as it would burn her. But, regardless of the pain, Kuan-Yin went to press the wound to slow the blood flow that was spilling on the ground. Her hands were burning and her sense of touch was starting to fade as her hand began turning black.

Chen took Kuan-Yin's hands off his wound, "It's useless this wound won't be able to heal unless the afflicted has died."

"NO! NO! NO! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU DIE! NOT NOW! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITH ME UNTIL WE HAVE WHITE HAIR!" Kuan-Yin cried as she was beginning to see the life from Chen's eyes fade away.

"Yin'er you are the best thing that has ever happened in my life." Those were Chen's last words. Kuan-Yin cried but she soon heard the sounds of pain around her as she saw everyone one by one drop like flies. Jiangsu, Kuan-Bai, Su Ming, Hua Ling, General and Fan all laid on the soil devoid of life.

"NO! NO! NO! Jiangsu! Kuan-Bai! Auntie! Uncle! Fan!" Kuan-Yin screamed reaching her hand out for every one that fell. Her worst fear was happening right in front of her, everyone she had sworn to protect all lay dead on the soil in front of her. She felt something lodged itself in her abdomen, grinding pain followed.

Mei Lin had recovered after Jie Xu removed the needles, she stabbed Kuan-Yin with her sword twisting it while it was embedded. Causing more pain for Kuan-Yin. Kuan-Yin released her aura pressurising her enemies of her innate power, she wanted to attack them but she coughed out blood.

Her vision was starting to get hazy as she continued to lose blood. Kuan-Yin clutched her side, deep and bloody. She chuckled history was definitely repeating itself again exactly like her first death. She knelt next to Chen's unconscious body on the battlefield and caress his cheek, tears began falling on Kuan-Yin face and she wiped them away.

A chuckle echoed in the air, "Your death is inevitable!" the two figures stood on their swords in the air staring down at Kuan-Yin.

"It's quite unfortunate that he died soon and I was thinking to make him my personal manservant." Lian Mei Lin giggled sinisterly, "I hope you like my new concoction that I made for you."

Sudden a shock of pain ripped through her body causing her cough out more blood. "Haha, this is what you called your 'new' concoction?" Kuan-Yin mocked. "I have one more present for you before I truly die."

Take their mortal life
Bend and end their strife
Be gone, their skin and bones
Let them beg and cry
Do not listen to their pleas
End their destiny
Break these earthly chains
And set the spirit free

The blood of Mei Lin and Jie Xi drained out, leaving them to look like living skeletons, their bodies twisted and turned in a gnarly way, their arms frayed in every direction and their bone evaporated and they both died. The only thing left was the skin which flew down to the ground.

Kuan-Yin gathered all the fallen into one circle around her, using hand signs to use the revival spell.

"Open the forbidden wall. On this day, I disobey the chains of fate.
Allow my voice to force the power of healing to reach out, I desire it regardless of the tribunal of the king, the thunder of condemnation.
Open beyond the river of the underworld. Listen, King of Death. I wish the threshold of insanity.
Stop the unexpected tears, scattered lamentation.
The price has been paid.
To sacrifice given in the past, I want illumination of this foolish desire.
Oh, I do not look back."

During the revival spell, "Yin'er stop! Don't do it! You will die!" Master Zhong ran to Yin'er using qi gong to stop her however he didn't make it.

Using the revival spell strained her body, she felt the her life energy seeping out of her body into the bodies of the one that died. After saying the last words of the spell, her body collapsed. Master Zhong held Yin'er in his arms crying.

Everyone had risen from the dead looking around and suddenly remembering that they just died. They looked in the direction of Master Zhong's crying with Yin'er in his arms. A sharp pain resonated in Chen's heart as he started at Yin'er laying there lifeless and gone from this world. The same feelings of emptiness recurred in his heart as he stared at her. He looked Yin'er body and held her in his arm not feeling the warmth of her body. Everyone grieved of the death of Kuan-Yin who sacrificed so much to help them, even using her own life.

Everyone gathered the superior mythical beasts, returning home with a victory and the body of Kuan-Yin.