TWO

TWO

"I don't know what it was!" Scott exclaimed as they went to the woods that day.

"No way am I crossing that. I'm not getting my boots wet." I point to the river, my eyes widening. No way, I don't have exactly have the money to buy a new pair if they get ruined.

"Get on my back." Stiles offered with a smile, I grin at the offer and I jump on his back, and he holds me.

"It's like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball." Scott continued as they walk in the woods, apparently, he lost his inhaler, mum's gonna kill him. "And that's not the only weird thing." Scott continues. "I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked, still carrying me, I snuggle into him, and sighed.

"Like Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott gestures towards Stiles. Unfortunately, Stiles dropped me slowly, and I stand beside him.

"I don't have even have any Mint Mojito..." Stiles dug through his pocket and pulled out a half-eaten Mint Mojito and I frowned. "So all this started with a bite."

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock?" Scott worries.

"You know what? I think I've actually heard of this." Stiles told them. "It's a specific kind of infection." I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. Scott stopped and turned to Stiles.

"Are you serious?" Scott asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah." Stiles replied. "Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy,"

Aka werewolf. Scott can't be a werewolf, though it makes sense; Scott was bitten, and he heard howling.

Oh, god. Scott McCall's a werewolf.

"What's that? Is that bad?" Scott asked, worried. How come I got the smarts and my brother didn't?

"Oh, yeah. It's the worst." Stiles played along. "But only once a month."

"Once a month?" Scott asked. He's really obvious to all this, isn't he?

"Mm-hmm. On the night of the full moon." Stiles and I look at each other before we mock a howl, and Scott smacks Stiles shoulder. I started laughing.

Scott then shoved him, playfully. "Hey, man." Scott rolled his eyes and continued to walk on.

Stiles laughed and walked behind them. "Hey! You're the one that heard a wolf howling."

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott told him.

"You only realized that now?" I joked, and smiled.

"I know! You're a werewolf!" Stiles then mimics a growl. "Okay, obviously, I'm kidding. But if you see me shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find it's cause Friday is the full moon."

Scott then stopped and looked around. "I could've sworn this was it." Scott told them. "I saw the body, the deer came running." Scott then bends down. "I dropped my inhaler,"

"Maybe the killer moves the body,"

"Mum's gonna kill you if you don't find it." I remind him.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler, those things cost like, $80 bucks." Scott complained, ignoring my comment because he knew it was true.

That's when I saw Derek Hale standing there again, with his arms crossed and a cold hard stern face. He wore his leather jacket again.

Stiles then tapped Scott's shoulder, noticing Derek walked over to us- what the hell was he doing back?