NINETEEN

NINETEEN 

I felt bad for Stiles not being able to attend his first actual Lacrosse game. He worked so hard, and then he couldn't play. I bet his dad was disappointed too. 

Update on Derek? 

He's been total MIA since Peter happened. 

Allison and I's relationship update? 

We haven't talked since that night. 

Update on Scott? 

Apparntly we won the state championship for Lacrosse. Good for him. 

Stiles updates? 

He's still the same.   

I just realized that we have winter formal in three days, I still have no date, no dress, and no friends to go with. 

I'm friendless. 

I only have Stiles and Scott. 

I'm thinking of skipping winter formal. There's no point if you don't have friends, a date, or a dress. Plus, I have no money for a dress. Well, I have enough, but I feel bad for spending it on a dress that I probably won't ever wear again. 

So, here's a new update on Allison's and I, she asks me to meet her- well, at mine. Stiles and Scott are gods know where, and I'm sitting in the lounge, waiting for Allison to knock on the door.

She said she wanted to talk. 

I don't know what the means, talk about my brother? 

I bite my lower lip, and I notice Allison coming through the footpath to get here. Her hair was down and curlier than usual. 

I hear the door being knocked on, and I stand up and walk over to the door, and opened it. Allison stands there with a smile. 

"Hey," Allison greeted, intertwining her own hands in front of her. "Can I come in?" 

"Oh, yeah, of course." I murmur, and I stand aside and I watch her come in. "Where do you want to go to talk?" I close the door, once Allison was more in the house. 

"Oh, the lounge would be fine," Allison replied, and we made our way to the lounge. We sat down awkwardly. I rub my hands on my jeans, as a nervous habit. "I know that I've obviously done something wrong for you not to talk to me anymore." 

Okay, I wasn't really expecting that. 

Well, she did break my brother's heart.  

"What-" 

"Please, let me finish." Allison softly said, glancing over at me. "I know we were never really friends, but we were starting to be, right? And then after that night... the night I broke up with your brother, the... the night the whatever that thing chased us, we stopped talking. If it makes you feel any better, I'm trying to mend things with your brother, I'm trying... to get us to be friends, but... not right now. I just, I can't trust him, anymore, Stacey. But, I'm slowly healing. Anyway, but that doesn't have to stop us from being friends, does it?" 

I look at her, kind of in shock. This was not the pep talk I thought we were gonna have. 

"I mean, no, it doesn't." I nodded slowly, and her smile widens. "I mean, I'm sorry for snapping at you that night, I was just... under a lot of pressure, and I didn't really know what was going on... and... and I took out on you, I guess." I know I said I didn't have to apologize, but she came all the way over here to say that, I had to say something. 

"Don't worry about it, Stacey, I understand. I felt the same thing. I felt abousltey weak in there. I hate that feeling so much. But... anyways, I just... I want us to be friends, is all I'm saying, Stacey," Allison looks over at me. 

Do I want to be friends with the girl who dumbed my brother? 

But then again, I do need more friends, Allison is a start. Maybe I get to know her, know about her family more and it could be a good information for Scott. 

I smile at her. "I'd love to be friends." 

"Perfect!" Allison chuckles. "I've set you for a date to the winter formal, by the way, and Lydia offered to buy us dresses. I think you and Lydia will get on very well." 

Oh, yay... 

"Who did you set me up with?" 

Allison grins, and winks at me. "It's a secret." 

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike the woods was not what we were expecting," Lydia said as she follows Allison and me into the woods. 

Allison wanted to try out a cross-bow, which got me worried. She's learning more and more about the hunting world. Which was not good for Scott if he wanted her back. 

Allison carries a cross-bow cover on her shoulder, as we walk more into the woods. 

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask Lydia if you're okay with something," Allison said I could see Lydia struggling behind us as she wore high heels. "Jackson ask me to the winter formal." 

And, apparntly, Lydia and Jackson broke up. 

"Did he?" Lydia ask. 

"Yeah." Allison smiled. "Just as friends. But I wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." 

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." 

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's not like I would take him to the Coaches office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison laughed. 

"About that..." Lydia trailed off. 

"What does that do?" Lydia asked as Allison twisted an arrow onto some sort of stick. 

"We're about to find out." Allison said and stands up off the ground. Lydia and I step back. Allison hooks the arrow onto the bow and pulls back the string. She lets go of the arrow, and it flies through the air and it hits the tree, having sparks come out of the arrow. 

I jump back with my eyes widen. Oh, my god, this is so bad. Allison lowers the bow, starring at it. 

"What the hell is that?" Lydia asked, thinking what I was thinking. 

"I don't know." Allison shakes her head. 

After a few more turns, Lydia claps her hands together. "Well, that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia smiled. Lydia's smile dropped when we heard a stick snap in half. 

"Hold this." Allison gives the bow to Lydia, who then held it. 

"What? Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something. Stacey, come with me?" Allison asked, and I nodded making Lydia's eyes widen. 

"So what if you heard something?" Lydia asked. 

"So. I want to find out what that something is." Allison whispered. "Don't worry, it's probably nothing." 

Allison and I turn to leave, walking forward. "Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?" God, Lydia sounds like Stiles now. 

"Shoot it." I said, and we walked forward. Once we were five minutes away from Lydia, Allison turned to me. 

"You go left I go right?" Allison asked, and I slowly nodded and that sounded like a terrible idea but I'm going with it. 

I turned on my heel and I walked out, once I was five-ten minutes away from everyone, I stopped. There was nothing here. I sighed and turned around, this is frustrating. Everything looks the same. 

I bit my lower lip, scanning the forest. Nothing but trees and low fog. I turn back around, and I started to make my way back.

Tomorrow, I'm going shopping with Lydia and Allison. And possibly finding out who the hell my date is.