SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN 

Stiles and I sat down next to Scott at the lunchtime the same afternoon. I sat in the middle of them. In the cafeteria of course. 

"Did you get her to give you the necklace?" Stiles asked, setting his tray down. 

"Not exactly," Scott sighed. 

"What happened?" I groaned. 

"She told me to talk to her." Wow. "At all." Double wow. 

"So she's not giving you..." 

"She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott snapped. 

"Well, did you find anything else out?" I asked. 

"Just hat I know nothing about girls, and they're totally psychotic." I smacked Scott's shoulder. 

"Hey, I am not psychotic." I roll my eyes. 

"Apart from Stacey," Scott added with a smile, I huff. 

"Okay, me and Stacey came up with plan B just in case anything like this happens." Stiles started. 

"What's plan B?"

"Just steal the stupid thing." I simply said. Come on, it can't be that hard. 

"Couldn't we at least try getting to Harris?" Scott asked.

"My dad put him on 24-hour protective detail, okay?" Stiles informed us. Damn. "The necklace is all that we got. Steal it. Thank you." 

Scott then shifted uncomfortably and turned to us. I frowned at his actions. "Guys, he's watching us." Scott whispered to us. What? Who? Derek? I then look over and saw Jackson looking at us. "Act normal." 

Oh. 

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked. 

"Jackson's talking to me. He knows I can hear him." My eyes widen. "Look at me. Just... talk to me, act normal. Pretend like nothing's happening. Say something! Talk to me!" Scott hissed. 

"I can't think of anything." Stiles rushed out, now that's hard to believe. I snort and roll my eyes. "My minds completely blank." 

I turn to Stiles. "Your minds blank? You can't think of anything to say?" 

"Not under this kind of pressure." Stiles hissed. "FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore." Scott's eyes scanned the whole room, looking for Jackson.    

"Where the hell is he?" Scott asks as if I knew. I gulped. "Yes." Scott randomly said Stiles and I give each other looks. We both knew Jackson was speaking to Scott. I look down at Scott, his hands were squeezing his water bottle. Oh no. 

"Scott, come on, you can't let him do this to you." I urge Scott, trying to make him not listen to Jackson. Usually, I just block him out with my headphones. "You can't let him have this kind of power over you. Okay?" 

Scott started to grip onto his tray, I exhale shakily before I know it Stiles offered me his hand and our hands intertwine onto my lap. I'm nervous for Scott. 

He then broke the tray, my eyes widen. Heads turn our way, and I notice Lydia and Allison looking in our direction. I look over and I saw Jackson standing by the wall, smirking. 

Remember when I said I didn't hate him? 

I lied. 

I hate him, I hate him so much. 

"So, you're coming to the game, right?" Stiles grins as we walked through his household. I roll my eyes. 

"What type of sister and best friend would I be if I didn't?" I ask though it killed me a little that I was just Stiles' best friend. Or, even worse, his best friend's sister. 

"I'd be disappointed if you didn't, cause ya know, guess who's playing first line?" Stiles made a hand gesturing towards himself and we stopped at the stairwell. I let out a laugh, then a smile. 

"I'm really proud of you, Stiles, you have to know that. You've earned this, I wouldn't miss it for the world." I told him honestly, plus, I had nothing better to do. 

"Thank you, Stacey, that means a lot." Stiles smiled back before headed up the stairs towards his room. 

It hurt a lot being in love with him and knowing that he wasn't in love with you. 

Maybe we weren't meant to be. 

I chuckle, and I entered his room. He sat down in his wheelchair to his computer, I sat down on his bed and glanced over at him. 

"Hey, Stiles!" His dad called, his dad is here? 

"Yo... Derek." My eyes widen as Stiles turned around and my eyes traveled to his, Derek was standing in Stiles' room. "I, um," Stiles quickly got off his seat and he ran to the door, blocking it so his father wouldn't see Derek. 

I glare at Derek, he rolled his eyes.