TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX 

After my recovery from the date night. There had been a lot of things going on, while I was sleeping. Derek had turned Boyd, just to add to his pack. Scott tried stopping Derek, but that didn't happen, obviously. Erica had knocked out Stiles, which I was extremely mad for, and so Stiles had to go to the repairman to get his car fixed because Erica had pulled out a part. 

Stiles was not happy. 

Which leads to where I am now, I was standing next to Stiles at the repairman shop, as the repairman had been repairing Stiles' Jeep, working on it. 

I stand there with my hands in my pocket, bored. 

"Hey, hey!" Stiles called. "What- what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter." The man was doing more than a starter. 

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too." The man said. The whirring from the machine plays. 

"Why do I get the feeling your slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles asked. 

"Probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labor." My eyes widen, what? 

"Are you kidding?" Stiles groaned. "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter. And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is." 

"You know what a limited slip differential is?" This guy was started to annoy me. 

"No." Stiles sighed. 

"Yeah, could run you more like 1,500." He said. 

Stiles sighed again. "Okay, just finish." He then turned around, and grabbed my hands. "I'll be back here- seething with impotent rage. Oh, nice, real sanctuary, quality establishment you're running here." 

Stiles then put his hand on the door handle, and there was some liquid on it, my eyes widen. I lean forward and touch the liquid. "What?" I ask, looking at the shining substance. 

"Stacey, don't put your hand on that dirty thing." Stiles told me. Stiles then opened the door, and lets me go first and he came after me and closed the door. He sighed and he rubs the liquid onto his jacket, I whip it on my jeans. 

We then stopped at a picture, of the guy who had a lacrosse jersey on. So he was on the team? "Figures." I scoff. Stiles then pulls out his phone, and he just... froze. His hands were shaking, mine soon start to shake he drops his phone. 

I... I can't move my hands, they're shaking. I look out the window, and there were claws on his Jeep, my eyes widen. Hey, no! 

"Uh..." Stiles trailed off. "Hey." Stiles tried. "Hey!" The guy was then cut by a tail, there was this lizard thing that hisses. Stiles groaned and we both dropped to the floor. 

Why can't I move? What's happening to me? 

"Stiles..." I whimper, my voice shaking. My breath starts to hitch, and I start to breathe heavily. 

"Hey, hey, Stacey, calm down, it's going to be okay," Stiles quickly rushed out, trying to get me to calm down. I can't. I can't move! 

"I can't move!" I cry, and I start to hyperventilate. My chest rises then it drops. This isn't good. 

"Hey, hey, Stacey, listen to my voice." Stiles said and I squeezed my eyes shut. "I'm going to get us out of here, okay? Calm down, please," 

That's when I heard, "911, what's your emergency?" 

✢ 

Stiles had called the police and they had shown up with the ambulance. Stiles, Sheriff, and I sat in the ambulance. "I told you- we just, we walked in and we saw the Jeep on top of the guy, that's all," 

The guy was killed by that... that lizard thing. Stiles was rubbing his hand, much like I was. I pressed my lips together and nodded. "What's wrong with your hands?" Sheriff asked us. 

"Nothing. Can I and Stacey just get out here now? I promised Scott that I would drop her home, so..." Stiles trailed off, Scott didn't. 

"Look, if there's something you guys don't think you can tell me-" 

"You think we're lying?" Stiles asked. 

"No, of course not." Sheriff firmly said. "I'm just worried about you. Both of you. Now, if either of you aw something do this, and if you're afaird that maybe they're gonna come back and make you neither of you say anything about it-" 

"We didn't see anything." Stiles repeated. Stiles shakes his head, I noticed it was raining now. "At all. Can we go now, please?" Stiles grabbed my hand and Sheriff nodded my head. 

"Sure. But not your Jeep." Stiles looked at his father like he was crazy. "We're gonna have to impound it." His eyes widen. "Sorry kid, evidence. See you at home." 

"At least make sure you wash it." Stiles groaned as his father walks away, and I shuffled closer to Stiles. 

Stiles and I walk over to Scott who had picked us up, I opened the back door and slide into the car, and Stiles slides into the front. 

"You two okay?" Stiles and I sighed. That thing... that lizard, I really hope that thing doesn't become a problem. 

"Yeah." Stiles mumbled. "You're right. It's into like you. I mean, its eyes were almost like, reptilian." I hadn't seen its eyes yet. That sent shivers down my spine. "But there was something about 'em." 

"What do you mean?" Scott asked. 

"You know when you, like, see a friend and Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes, and you feel like you know them, but you just can't figure out who it is?" Stiles asked. 

"Are you saying you know who it is?" I followed up, leaning forward.

"No." Stiles looked over at me.  "But I think it knew us." 

I heard a knock on my door. "Stacey, time to get up." My mum spoke, I was under the covers, trying to cover up the fact that I punch my mirror last night. 

"Go away," I groan under the covers. 

"You're going to be late for your appointment with the school counselor." My mum said, and I could sense her walking towards me. "Remeber, we had a deal." I sigh. 

"Remember, I told you I was fine." I told her. 

"Stacey, please-" Mum pulled the covers away from me, and gasped when saw that there was blood throughout the duvet. I looked down at my hand, there was blood on it. "What did you do? Oh, my, god, what did you do to yourself?" I looked guilty over at the mirror, I was so angery last night. "Stacey, sweetheart. Why did you do that?" 

I sit in the counselor waiting space, in a chair. I was next to a boy, probably my age. He's the only one here. 

"Nice gloves." The boy said, looking at the pink gloves that I had on, to cover up my injury.  

"Thank you." I replied kindly. 

"So... what's brand of your psychosis?" He asked. Did I have to tell him? Does he need to know? 

I looked over at him. "Really?" I asked sarcastically. 

"We're both here for something. We don't have to be ashamed of it." The boy said. True.  

"I have an acute phobia of people prying into my personal life." I said smartly, rolling my eyes. "You?" 

"Compulsively drawn to cute but narcissistic girls." The boy said, I sighed. 

"Are you ready, Stacey?" I looked over at Ms. Morrell who was standing there at the doorway. 

"Too bad for you, this cute narcissistic girl is already taken," I said, standing up, and leaving the boy there. 

LOL I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SORRY FOR IT BEING SHITTY!