|CHAPTER 26|

|Everett|

I wake up in Bryson and I's room alone. Bryson and Logan must've left to talk and not disturb my sleep. I don't think I've been asleep for long because Logan and Bryson's scents are fairly strong still. I sit up and decide to try and find Bryson.

Working up the courage I manage to walk out into the hall without having a panic attack along the way. The halls are empty but I can hear the slightest chatter coming from the kitchen and outside. The barbecue must be going on still. This makes me smile, glad that I didn't ruin the rest of the night for the other pack members.

"Everett, Honey, where are you going?" Mom spots me from the kitchen as I walk down the stairs and try to follow Bryson's scent.

"I'm looking for Bryson. I fell asleep and woke up and Bryson nor Logan were there." I say.

"Bryson went to the pack cells to deal with Tiffany not that long ago." Mom tells me, she looks back at a group of she wolves that are chattering in the kitchen. "Do you want me to take you there?"

"No. You should go join your friends and have fun. I'll find my way there. Bryson's scent will lead the way." I reassure her with a squeeze to her shoulder.

"Are you sure?"

I nod and smile at her before pushing her towards her friends. The pushing doesn't move her a lot other then a couple steps. "Go. I need to learn my way around the pack house anyways. My mate's scent will lead the way."

I walk away and follow Bryson's sweet scent. It leads me down a hall and to and metal door with a small window at eye level. Inside I can see Bryson talking to the girl who I now know is named Tiffany from the barbecue. She is in the cell and is reaching for Bryson.

"I told her she should leave the pack. I am better suited to be Luna then her. I'm way stronger and could support you way better. I was only saying that she is weak. She didn't even try to get back to you all these years. I bet she enjoyed what they did to her when she was there." I hear Tiffany say repeat the words that she told to me to Bryson and I gasp. I didn't want Bryson to know. I fight back memories and continue to watch and listen Bryson.

Bryson's growls reverberates against the walls of the cell and echoes through me. His hand shoots through the bars and grips her throat and lifts her up. Fear claws at my heart. I don't want Bryson to do this. I don't want to have this girl's blood on my hands or his. I don't want to have to imagine him like Sir. "If I ever hear that you say these things about my mate again I will kill you, slowly and painfully so that you feel a sliver of the pain that my mate went through when she was captures. My mate is stronger then any other she wolf in this pack. You will respect her for she is your Luna and always will be. My mate is beautiful, strong, and all I could ever ask for. You are nothing compared to her."

A sob escapes my lips as he sends his message and I grip my dress tightly as to not rush into the room. Tiffany's face is turning red and she claws at Bryson's hand. Please let her go Bryson.

Bryson finally drops her to the ground and walks to the door. His eyes turned to the floor so he doesn't notice me until he walks through the door. "Everett what are you doing here?"

"I woke up and you weren't there. I followed your scent here." I feel tears build up in my eyes more as I ask the question I have always dreaded. "Will you really kill her?"

"No. I don't kill my pack members. I said that to make her feel scared and so that she won't do it again. If she does say it again though. I will banish her from the pack. I don't want that kind of person around you. It is bad for you getting better." Bryson pulls me close to him and allows me to cry.