Chapter 2- Girl meets Boy

Reggie

It's the afternoon and its senior's gym time. Me, Sam and some other R.Crew seniors roll into the gym late. The "regular citizens" were waiting for us with the gym teacher who has his arms crossed. 

"Now that we have everyone we can start." He says annoyed. We stand with the others but still obviously separated because the regular people don't want us to get too close. "Today we have a special treat today. As seniors as you know we have the tradition of going hiking at Lost Maples. For the rest of the day we are going to go on this hike! So I hope you brought everything with you because the bus is outside. Also I have assigned you into groups." Every one moans. "I know boohoo! You will all be mixed super super good because you should know everyone in your Senior class am I right?" 

Sam whispers in my ear. "They don't look too happy to hear that." She says. I look over at the regular folks they looks annoyed as fuck. 

"Our side isn't too happy either. I guess it mutual disgust." At least we sit on the bus separately. We get to our destination and gather in a clump in front of the entrance. Our class is very small like there is only 20 people in the graduating class, but what do you expect from a small town like Juniper. 

"I am going to split you into groups of 4 so there will be 5 groups." The gym teacher says. He looks at his clip board. 

"Group1 is Tammy, Jose, Nina, and Hector. Group 2 is Venessa, Barton, Jason, and Emily. Group 3 is Bailey, Jonnie, Regina, and Samantha. Group 4 is Natalia, Ferdinand, Joaquin, and Sherif. And lastly Group 5 is Carla, Kris, Victor, and Talia. There will be an adult chaperoning each group so you guys won't get lost." More like so the Riversiders don't fight with the other kids. It happens occasionally. "So find your group and once we do we can move out. 

Me and Samantha stick together and waited for the boys to find us. A tall black hair boy walks up to us and gives us the number 3 with his hands. We gave him 3 right back and right behind him was a boy same height with light brown hair. 

"Hey!" I say loud as they joined us. I offer my hand for a shake. "Regina but people call me Reggie." 

"Jonnie and this is Bailey." Bailey nods. 

"I am Samantha but I go by Sam." She says as she shakes Jonnie's hand.

"Sam and Reggie... Great names." He says calmly. We both nod. We look over to the teacher to see if we can leave. 

"It seems like everyone is with their chaperones." Says Sam. The gym teacher walks up to us. 

"And I am you guy's chaperones I'll lead ahead!" He walks and we follow suit. Things were quiet on our journey up. I look over to the boys and Jonnie is talking to that Bailey kid. I don't recognize him at all. Did he just move here? I recognize Jonnie he is pretty social so I see him around but never Bailey.  "Its super quiet back there!" The gym teacher peaks his head back. "Why don't we play a get to know you name." 

"No please no." Sam grunts. I start laughing at her misery. Jonnie chuckles when he see me laughs. 

"Do you really hate it that much Sam?" Jonnie asks her. 

"As much as I hate getting my coochie waxed." I spit out my water and die of laughter. The gym teacher turned red and Jonnie turned pale. I look over Bailey who wasn't even paying attention he was looking at the trees and stuff. I guess we aren't interesting enough for him.

"Well since you hate it so much." I say as I wack her arm. "You go first. Name, Age, Favorite hobby." 

"Fine... My name is Sam, I am going to be 18 next month and my hobby is drawing."