four | carnival

Hey I can't go to the carnival today. sorry - Elijah

I sigh after reading the text, and fall back onto my bed. This is so annoying. Why did he have to cancel on the day of the freaking carnival? I already bought the tickets online so we wouldn't have to wait and now he can't even come. If he had just told me yesterday, at least, I would have been able to find someone else to go with.

I guess I should go, anyway. Probably better wasting one ticket than two.

Yeah, I'm going to go.

I get up and get changed, then walk to the carnival, since the place that it is being held is only a fifteen to twenty minute walk and the weather is good.

I get inside and look around at all the laughing children who are clutching onto their parents hands, and the groups of teenagers messing around. The sound of screaming and laughter fills my ears and the smell of popcorn fills my nose.

Wow, well, I didn't think I would feel like such a loner. If I knew, I wouldn't have come. Maybe I should just leave. This place sucks, anyway. I'm such a loser.

I turn around, ready to walk right out so that I can go back home and watch Netflix. I wasted my money on this shit, but I feel like it's more of a waste if I stay here and have a horrible time. Right?

I'm not watching where I am going, and bump straight into someone's hard chest. "Shit! Sorry!" I say and look up to find the last person I expected. "Elijah?"

He smiles and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, and he gives me a small smile. "Hey, Bree."

"I thought you said you couldn't come today? What the hell? I wasted my money on a ticket for you!" I fold my arms. If I was a cartoon character, there would probably be steam coming out of my nose.

He turns to glance at a group of his friends and I turn to look at them, as well. I think I recognize them from university.

Elijah chose them over me.

I get that he is more friendly with them since he is popular and hangs out with them more, but if he was planning on ditching me for them then why did he even agree to come to this with me in the first place?

"What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't come..." I ask again.

"Yeah, he couldn't come... with you! Loser!" one of his annoying and arrogant male friends shout.

I roll my eyes and wait for Elijah to explain, but he doesn't. He just gives me an awkward smile and says, "I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, you look it," I mumble and then walk off. "I can't fucking wait to kill you."

Someone grabs my arm and I spin around, ready to flip them onto the ground, but I stop myself when I realise that it Elijah. "Hey, Bree, I really am sorry. I just didn't want to ditch my friends for a stranger. I mean, I know you, but... Yeah. It was a last minute plan so I didn't know it would happen when I asked you. Anyway, maybe we can get coffee or something? I'll text you and I promise no more last minute cancelations."

I sigh and think about it for a moment. As much as I want to say no, getting close to him is the best way to get the job done. If he trusts me, it will be a lot easier to get him all alone.

"Coffee?"

"Yeah," he replies. "I... I work at this store around the corner from university. We can meet there if it's cool with you?"

I nod. "Fine, but if you ditch me again, I am going to rip your dick off. I mean that it the nicest way." I smile.

He laughs, making my smile widen.

He thinks I'm joking.

•<•>•

Ahh, sorry for the slow updates here you guys. I don't know why I have such bad writers block with this book. Maybe I should just delete it. I don't knoooooow.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx