eight | blush

I stare at myself in the mirror with a content smile on my face. It's already Friday, which means Jamie's party is tonight.

I went out earlier and bought a new dress as well as new makeup. I have enough money to spend it on what I want since I don't spend it on huge houses and yachts.

Guess there are a few perks to my job.

I slide my hand over the satin fabric of the light pink dress I have on. I saw it in the shop window and I fell in love. It stops mid-thigh so it is sort of short, but I guess that's okay for a party.

I put my hair into a fish plait. My makeup started off natural but then I went too sparkly with the eyeshadow and then added lashes and now I just look like a hooker.

Sometimes I think about dying my blonde hair darker, even black, but I'm too pale for that. I like dark hair better.

Elijah said he will fetch me instead of making me drive alone at night. Not that I can't handle it, but getting Elijah to trust me alone with him is necessary.

While I wait for him, I slide on cute white sandals. I refuse to wear high heels no matter how good I look in them. I don't do that shit. I like walking, thank you very much.

Someone rings the doorbell outside my apartment. Grab my bag and go to open the door, but instead of Elijah, I find my boss standing in front of me.

His long, dark hair is slicked back into a bun. His eyes are filled with anger.

"Antonio, w-what are you doing here?"

"What are you fu*king wearing?" he asks, ignoring my question.

I glance down at my body. "A dress?"

He steps into my apartment without an invite. "You better kill him soon. You're wasting my time. We already have more targets that we need to take down."

"I am working on it."

He shoves me into a wall. I clench my jaw, wishing I could fight back. With Antonio, I can't. He will ruin my life if I do.

"Do it tonight," he demands.

"I can't. People know that I'm going to be with him which will immediately make me a suspect."

Antonio slams his fist against the wall, next to my head, and the bang echoes through the apartment. "I am taking a hundred grand from your payment for every week that he is alive. Kill him," he demands and then walks out.

I shut my door and walk to my kitchen to get a glass of water. The doorbell rings again. I sigh.

Luckily my apartment isn't huge and everything is open plan, so getting from the kitchen to the front door only takes a few seconds.

"What do you— Oh, Elijah..." My frown turns into a small smile.

"Who was the guy leaving your apartment?" he asks, glancing back.

While he is looking away, I take the opportunity to check him out. He is in black jeans with a maroon hoodie. The colour definitely suits him.

"Oh, uh, just some Tinder hook up," I lie. "Don't worry about it."

"Damn, you got laid before the party even started? I'm not going to lie, I'm impressed," Elijah nods.

I smile. "You ready to go?"

"Hold on." He steps back and slowly slides his gaze over my body, checking me out. "Wow, I didn't think you could get any prettier, Bree."

I feel a blush burn my cheeks. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." His hair is messy, in a sexy way, and I just want to run my hands through it. "But you'd probably look better with your clothes off," I add.

He chuckles and lifts his hoodie and shirt slightly to reveal his hard abs and a V-line that ends below his Calvin Klein underwear. "You think so?" he teases.

He steps closer to me, so I step back. He frowns and steps closer to me again, so I step back again. A smirk forms on his face and he continues to walk towards me until my legs hit my couch and I fall back into the cushions.

He laughs and holds out a hand to help me up. I stare up at him, feeling embarrassed. I take it and he pulls me up, but I end up stumbling and falling onto him.

F*ck, when did I get this clumsy? I've never acted like this before. What is going on?

He wraps his arm around my waist and I freeze. I've never been this close to him before, not even when we were best friends. My face is so close that if I move we'd be kissing.

How cliché.

I don't know how this happened. I'm usually really good at balancing myself and I don't know why I had to put space between us. Not that it was effective at all.

Maybe I should use this to my advantage.

I trace my fingers down his neck and then rest my hand on his firm chest. "What are you doing?" he whispers when I lean up on my tippy toes.

"Whatever you want me to do," I whisper in his ear and then place a kiss on his neck. He lets out a low moan and his hands slide from my waist to my lower back.

"I knew you'd fall in love with me, I just didn't think it would be so soon," he teases and leans down.

His lips brush against mine and then I pull away. "Then why are you the one leaning in to kiss me?" I ask and move away from him, walking to the front door. "Let's go."

"Because you said I can do whatever I want to you," he states and frowns, walking out the door.

I smile and lock the door once we're both outside. "Exactly." I glance at him. "I said you can do anything to me, and you chose to kiss me. That's cute."

He takes my throat and pushes me back against the door. He doesn't use too much force, so I know he isn't trying to hurt me.

"Next time..." He dips his head so that his lips are right by my ear. I feel his warm breath fan against my ear, sending shivers through my body. "I'll f*ck you until you're screaming my name."

•<•>•

Well that was HOT. haha, just me? Okay.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx