twenty seven | manly

Elijah runs out the room after me and tries to tackle me, but I duck out the way. He stumbles forward, making me laugh.

I make my way down the stairs and he runs down after me. "Hey!" He grabs me and presses me against the wall.

He takes my wrists and pins them above my head. Screw you for being taller, Elijah!

I want to flip him over or drop kick him, but I don't want to make him suspicious, because a girl flipping a guy over is probably not normal — especially because Elijah is really tall and pretty well built— and he may start to suspect something is off.

At least that's what I tell myself, when I don't even attempt to push him away.

"You think you can get away with calling me a chicken, huh? Don't forget, I know all your weaknesses," he warns.

"What about if I call you a chicken in another language? Spanish? French? Korean?" I offer, not bothered by his words or by how close his face is to mine.

Not bothered at all...

"German?" he adds with a small smile.

"Hähnchen," I say.

"Bless you."

I burst out laughing and shake my head. "I didn't sneeze. Hähnchen is chicken in German," I state.

"Oh, makes sense." His cheeks go slightly red.

"Aww, is mi pollo blushing," I tease.

"Which language is that?" he asks, obviously trying to change the subject.

"Spanish," I state.

"That's kind of hot," he says and winks.

"Hueles como un cerdo (You smell like a pig)," I say in a seductive voice.

"¿Tú piensas que soy estúpido? No dudes de mi, princesa (Do you think I'm stupid? Don't doubt me, princess)," he says in a deep and even more seductive voice. I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling.

The sound of crunching makes both Elijah and I turn our heads, and we find Jamie standing beside us with a large bowl of popcorn, watching us as if we're his soap operas season finale.

"Oh, don't mind me. Keep going," he says with his mouth full, flailing his hands around indicating that we should continue.

"What do you mean 'keep going'? Nothing was happening," Elijah states and I nod in agreement.

Nothing at all.

Okay, I'm not stupid, maybe this is denial. There is definitely something between us, but denial is the first stage of grief, so I'm technically just mourning him before he dies. That's just science.

That's just stupidity.

Shut up. It makes sense.

I groan at my internal conflict that is going on in my head and put some distance between Elijah and I by moving away from the wall. 

"Anyway, I should get going. If you have any other bug related issues please hesitate to call me," I state and roll my eyes. "Don't call me screaming, unless you're actually going to die."

"We were about to die!" Jamie exclaims. "That cockroach could have flown into my mouth and blocked my windpipes and then I wouldn't be able to breath and I'd die. You never know."

I roll my eyes. "How did you get my number, anyway?" I ask.

Jamie shrugs. "Elijah gave it to me. He said that he is too manly to call you for help."

"Oh, really? Manly?" I ask and smirk at Elijah.

He rubs the back of his neck, his cheeks starting to go red all over again. "Yeah, I wasn't scared. Jamie just needed someone to hide behind, so I had to stay by him."

"I have more balls than the two of you combined," I sigh and shake my head. "Where are the real men these days?"

"Hey, just because we can't kill a bug doesn't mean we aren't men. I bet the two of us could still take you," Jamie says, looking cockier than he should.

"You really want to try fighting me again, Baby J?" I ask.

"Grab her legs!" one of them shout as a paper bag is slipped over my head. I spin around but someone wraps their arms around the top half of my body so I can't lift the bag and the other one lifts my legs up.

I scream with laughter. "This doesn't count! I wasn't ready!" I defend.

They drag me up the stairs as I try to shake myself out of their grips. They better not drop me or I will not hesitate to kick both of their asses.

They soon shove me down onto a chair and tie my hands behind the chair. They tie my legs to the legs of the chair, as well.

They let me sit there for a while and I hear Elijah mumble, "Why does this look so hot?"

"Because you're a kinky motherf*cker," Jamie replies. "And you're in love with her so you probably think everything she does is—"

I hear a loud whipping sound and Jamie shouts out in pain. "We're just friends," Elijah states.

"You know, just because I can't see doesn't mean I can't still hear you two idiots. Now let me go," I demand.

I hear curtains sliding either open or closed, and they lift the paper bag, but the room is now pitch black.

Just as my eyes start to adjust to the darkness, a bright phone torch is shone in my eyes. I squint, wishing I could crack that phone in two.

"Admit defeat, Bree," Jamie's voice says, and I have to refrain from laughing at how he is trying to sound intimidating.

The boy who was screaming at a pitch higher than Ariana Grande can reach is trying to intimidate me.

"Untie me, Jamie," I say. "You'll regret it."

"No, if you don't admit that we are the manliest men you know, I will torture you until you give in," he warns.

I scoff. "Torture me? You couldn't even squash a little bug."

"Last chance," he warns. The whole time, Elijah is silent.

"You wouldn't do anything."

Jamie chuckles. "Oh how wrong you are, ninja girl," he whispers.

•<•>•

Hehe, can you guys guess what's gonna happen next?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx