thirty six | softie

Once Elijah and I are done eating, we clean up and leave Jamie on the floor. I can hear his little snores, and that makes me smile.

I think I might have seen him put a piece of sushi in his mouth while asleep.

I stand in the kitchen, in front of the sink, annoyed because I have to do the dishes for the second time today.

While I rub the sponge against my plate, muscular arms wrap around me from behind. "You better not make this whole 'hugging me from behind' act a thing," I warn.

His lips brush against the skin on my shoulder, making me shiver. "If you don't like it from behind, there are many other positions we can try."

I slowly put the plate and sponge down, then wash my hands. I spin around in his arms and shove him off me. He stumbles back slightly, and a goofy grin forms on his face. "You're so beautiful."

I glance at the floor. "Shut up, Elij-"

"I mean it," he says and steps closer. He takes my face in his hands and his eyes scan over every part of me. "I fell in love with you because of who you are on the inside but wow, your face is definitely a bonus."

"Stop," I whisper and shut my eyes. He keeps making it so much harder.

"I'm sorry," he says and I notice his shoulders drop slightly. He walks out the kitchen in silence, with his head tilted down.

The usual arrogance that I have seen for years at university is gone. Right now, I really want to hug him- Yes, hug him. I won't let myself think about doing more.

I walk out the kitchen and sit down on the sofa in Jamie's living room, beside Elijah. "So, you won the competition. What do you want?"

Elijah's eyes light up. "I think we should do another competition. Let's play rock, paper, scissors. If you win, I lose my prize." That gets my interest. "If I win, the prize doubles. So you have to do whatever I want, twice."

"Fine," I agree.

"Rock, paper, scissors," we say in sync and make the shape with our hands.

"F*ck!" I shout when I see that he chose paper and I chose rock. "Out of three?"

He shakes his head. "Nope, loser."

I huff and stand up, folding my arms across my chest. "What do you want?" I ask.

He stands up and towers over me. "I want you to give me a blowjob," he says. My eyes widen. He looks serious about it.

Shit.

Okay, a deal is a deal. I slowly get down on my knees and lift my hands to undo his button and zipper, but he jumps back.

"Damn, I was kidding, Bree! I thought you'd punch me, not get on your knees!" he exclaims, looking extremely surprised.

I shrug. "I'm tired." Plus, if he is going to die soon, he might as well get some action. It's not like it would mean anything.

"Ah, right. Those brownies can make you tired. Let me take you home," he offers.

I nod and give him a small smile. "Thanks."

We get in his car and make our way to my apartment. Jamie is still under his table, and a part of me wishes I could be there when he wakes up with rice all over his face.

I smile at the thought as I climb into Elijah's car. As soon as my body touches the soft leather seats, I fall asleep.

•<•>•

Elijah's POV

I pull up outside Bree's apartment block and turn to glance at her. A small smile finds it's way onto my face because her mouth is hanging open and her hair is all over the place as she sleeps.

I brush some of her hair off her face and then sigh and climb out the car.

Bree has always been a softie at heart, no matter how tough she wants to seem. No matter what she goes through, she still keeps that kindness inside her. That's why I love her.

I know that wishing for a girl like her to love me back is pointless.

The Beatles got it right when they said 'I wish I could find a girl who loves me as much as I love you'.

When she told me she liked me, it made my heart melt, but I realized it was a lie because she asked if we could stay friends. If she really liked me, she wouldn't want to be friends.

I know she is hiding something, but everyone has something they don't want people to know, so I won't ask her about it. I'm sure she trusts me enough to tell me if it's something serious.

I go upstairs and unlock the door with the spare key under the mat, leaving the door open so I can carry her in without having to wake her up.

I run back down to the car and pull open the passenger door, lift Bree up into my arms, then use my foot to kick the door shut again.

Her head falls back, making her breasts stick out more. I clench my jaw and look away, not wanting to be a pervert.

I carry her into her apartment and slowly lower her onto her bed. She groans and turns onto her side, curling into a ball.

I quickly grab a spare blanket from inside her cupboard and put it over her body to make sure she doesn't get cold.

"F*ck," I whisper to myself and shake my head as I walk out her bedroom. No girl has ever made me feel the way she makes me feel. Being close to her makes my heart race and my knees go weak. I hate it, because I can't control it.

She has no idea how crazy I am about her, but a part of me wishes I wasn't.

She knows I'm in love with her, but it doesn't mean anything to her. She still pushes me away and friendzones me.

I've tried to act like I don't care. I've tried to stay friends. I've tried to move on. I've tried to push her away.

But no matter what, she still has my entire heart.

•<•>•

Hi guys!! How's quarantine? I'm struggling with online classes but I do have a bit more time to write which is good. I hope it ends soon.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx