five | violent

I sit in the cute little coffee shop, playing some stupid game on my phone. I am supposed to meet Elijah here but the stupid boy is half an hour late.

I text him, telling him I'm leaving and that he's an ass. "I swear to god when I see him I am going to rip his ballsack in half and then pull his public hair out and stick it to his face," I mumble.

"Someone is violent," Elijah mumbles as he slides right next to me in the booth I chose.    

This place is actually really cute. It has a retro diner vibe to it, and everything is very bold and colourful.

"What the hell, Elijah? After the whole ditching me thing the least you could do is show up on time," I complain.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He takes my hand. "To make it up to you, I'll pay for the date."

I scoff. "You were going to pay either way." Not that I can't afford it, but I am going to make him pay both literally and figuratively. Ha.

He chuckles. "Fair enough."

"And it's not a date."

He smirks and winks at me. "It's okay. You can admit that you're hopelessly in love with me. I love you, too. Always have."

I groan and slide down slightly, putting my feet up on the torn up seat on the opposite end of the booth. "Whatever."

He's so annoying. I can't believe I'm doing this, especially because no amount of money is worth having to sit through his annoying bullshit.

I have no idea how we used to be friends. Either I was a lot more annoying or he was a lot nicer and less arrogant, because there is no way I would have chosen to befriend the prick sitting beside me right now.

I would one hundred percent leave right now if I wasn't being paid. I guess I'm not really working for money anymore. I'm working so that I'm not arrested. Stupid video.

I put my hand on his lap. "Yeah, I do love you, babe."

His eyes light up. "Really?"

I chuckle. "No, I haven't had a proper conversation with you in four years, numbnut. Get over yourself."

His shoulders slouch, but his disappointment doesn't last long. He throws an arm over my shoulders, making me cringe and lean away. "Fine, then we're going to hang out more."

"Why? You want me to fall in love with you?" I tease.

He hesitates and awkwardly clears his throat. "Yup. I'm going to break your heart, Bree," he teases back.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" I ask.

He moves his arm off my shoulder and leans back into the soft seat, then tilts his head to look up.

Damn him for being more gorgeous than ever.

"Well, I have to watch more romcoms and see how all the movie stars do it first. If that doesn't give me any ideas then I'm just going to have to sleep with you. That usually gets most girls head-over-heels for me."

I roll my eyes. "When did you become such a pig?"

He shrugs. "When I realised that love is shit. Why put in effort when you can get sex and pleasure for free, right?"

"Right..."

"So, are we friends again?" he asks.

I turn sideways and put my legs up on his thighs with a smile. "Sure, if you do something for me."

"What?"

I put my legs down and shift close to him, so that our bodies are touching. "Kiss me."

"Uh, excuse me? I mean, sure but... why?"

I chuckle and glance at a random guy. "This guy who is in our class has a crush on me and I want him to think I'm not available so he will stop bothering me," I explain.

There is no guy. There is no crush. I've just learnt from all those lovey dovey books that if you get a guy to kiss you sooner or later he will fall for you. It's evil, but it's a way to get him alone with me.

He's trying to make me fall for him so I may as well do the same to him, although the final outcome I want is probably far from what he wants.

I've seen that in romcoms and that gave me an idea. May as well use it. Elijah says that works.

Just as Elijah is about to turn his head to look at the random guy, I pull his face back to look at me and then quickly lean up a bit and press my lips to his.

His lips are a lot softer than I expected, and he responds to the kiss really fast. His hand slides up behind my neck and he pulls me closer to him.

He tastes so good. I have no idea what it is, but it reminds me of my childhood. I like it a lot. Shit, I shouldn't be the one enjoying this kiss.

Bad sign? Oh well, guess I'm blind.

I pull away and look at Elijah to see his reaction. He looks like he is in a shocked daze. "Uh, that was... amazing," he breathes out.

"Of course it was." I wink at pat his shoulders. "Well, see you around," I state and then leave before he can stop me.

•<•>•

Soooooo whatcha think?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx