twenty six | wusses

"I can't do it, Antonio."

"You don't have a choice. Two weeks and three days left. Get it done."

I shake my head. I'm terrified. I have never said no to him before, but this time I can't do it.

Elijah means more to me than I expected.

"This was your doing. You chose to become friends with him. That is not my problem." He slams his fist against his desk but I don't flinch.

He was my friend and for a moment I forgot how much he had done for me. He had always been there, even when my parents weren't.

Becoming his friend didn't change my feelings about him, it just reminded me of the person he has always been.

"No," I state.

"Then I will have to send those tapes to the police," he threatens. "Don't be stupid, Bree. You're good at what you do. Do you really want to screw everything up for one boy?"

"You knew he was my friend. You knew I wouldn't be able to do this. Why are you doing this?"

"I want to show you that behind the killer is just a weak, pathetic little girl! You're getting ahead of yourself and it will cost you. Don't forget that you'd be nothing without me," he roars.

"Are you trying to scare me? Because it's not working."

"Everybody has weaknesses, Bree. Elijah is your weakness. That's why you have to get rid of him. This is your chance. Don't mess it up."

"Having a weakness isn't always a bad thing," I state.

"This is your last chance. You have two weeks and three days. I'm counting every second. Once that is over I will turn you in and I will kill Elijah myself. I won't make it easy for him." My fists clench at my sides. "I'll tie him up and slide razors across his every inch of skin, then I'll soak him in acid until it's unbearable— Don't worry, I'll record it all and send it to you in prison. You can watch him scream."

I start to dig my nails into my skin and it takes all of my will power not to attack him.

"Then I'll get my men to whip him over and over until he can't keep his eyes open. I will make his life a living hell until he can't take the pain anymore and dies."

"I'll do it!" I shout and shut my eyes. "Don't hurt him."

I know that me killing him is still hurting him, but at least he won't be tortured to death...

"Good girl. Now get the hell out and don't come back until the job is done."

•<•>•

As I am walking out the building and towards my car, I get a call. It has an unknown caller ID, but I pick up anyway.

"Hello?" I answer.

All I can hear is screams of terror in response. "Bree!" Jamie shouts.

My heart races. If anyone hurts Jamie—

"Jamie? Jamie, are you okay?" I ask calmly.

"N-No. Please help," he says and then ends the call.

"Shit," I mumble and climb into my car. I think remember where Jamie lives, but I'm not completely sure because the party he had at his house feels like it was a really long time ago and I had a concussion.

I feel like such a pathetic hitman. I wish I was a superhero or something instead. Those heroes seem to have their shit together and I, definitely, do not.

I guess that's what makes me human, so maybe it's okay. But the things I do... The things I have done... It makes me question my humanity.

I floor the gas pedal and speed in-between cars. If anything happens to Jamie, so help me God...

When I reach his house I jump out my car and run in. I follow the shouts to a room on the second floor of the house. "Jamie?" I shout.

"In here!" he squeaks in response.

I frown in confusion when I run into the room and see both Jamie and Elijah in the corner of the room. "Duck!" they both scream in sync.

I duck and look around, not knowing what's going on. "What's going on?" I ask, noticing a can in Elijah's hand and toilet paper in Jamie's.

"There's a cockroach!" Jamie squeals in a pitch I can't even reach.

I turn and find a tiny little cockroach crawling up the wall. "Are you two kidding me? You made me drive all the way here for this? I thought you two were being murdered or something," I rant. "You're telling me you two grown ass men can not kill a cockroach?"

"You don't understand, Bree," Elijah says. "It flies."

Just as he says it, the cockroach flies off the wall in dumb and dumber's direction. They scream and roll over the bed in sync, to another corner of the room.

I laugh. I feel like this bug is having a field day with these two idiots. Shaking my head, I slip my shoe of and throw it at the wall that the cockroach is on.

It hits it with a thud and my shoe and the crushed bug fall to the ground. "Now clean up the bug and my shoe, you wusses."

"I am definitely going to marry you," Elijah says. Jamie nods, both of them staring at me in amazement.

Elijah's words break my heart a little.

He won't be able to marry anyone. He won't have kids. He won't scream at any more cockroaches. He won't even have a funeral, because I'll have to hide the body.

"You okay?" Elijah asks, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"I should be asking you that, chicken," I tease, moving away from him. I will not let him get any closer. It will make it so much harder.

I can't believe he told me he loves me. Even worse, I still have to kill him.

Although he said he loves me, we agreed to be friends, which is good. I feel bad for friend-zoning him, especially when a minuscule part of me wants to do the opposite, but it has to be done.

"Chicken? Do you really want to start this? I'll fight you," he says and gets into a fighting stance.

"Trust me, Eli, you do not want to fight ninja girl. You will undoubtedly lose," Jamie says before handing me my shoe.

I smile at Jamie. "Agreed. You will definitely lose, chicken," I state and walk out the room.

•<•>•

Hey guys... * smiles innocently* I know I sorta dropped off the face of Wattpad for a while but here's an update. I'm posting a few more chapters I've written soon.

I don't know what happened... I love Wattpad and writing and I loooooove you guys but for some reason I just haven't had a lot of motivation.

Anyway, I'm sorta bored cause I'm stuck at home cause of corona smh. If you guys wanna talk just write an in-line comment here and I'll respond to you guys :)

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx