eleven

I sat down in my maths class, sparing half a glance in the direction of Harry's desk, just to notice he hadn't come in yet.

I heard the familiar sound of the chair scratching against the floor and I looked at the desk next to me, frowning. Ella had texted me that morning saying that she wouldn't have come to school that day, so I hadn't expected to have anyone sit next to me at all.

An unknown blonde boy sat on the chair, smiling at me with warm puppy brown eyes. "You're Sierra, am I right?" He said kindly, and I gave him a weird glance. "Oh sorry, where are my manners? I'm Aiden. We're in the same art class."

I nodded, faintly remembering him. I wasn't one to care about the people surrounding me that much, unless I found them interesting. "Nice to meet you."

"I saw your drawings. They're absolutely brilliant, you really have a talent" he continued, surprising me.

"Thank you."

He smiled again. "Honestly, the way you draw is amazing. Even the first drawing you did was wonderful. You know, the one Mrs Davis hated. That one was wonderful too."

I politely smiled at him. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

He nodded to himself. "You really are an amazing artist. I bet one day you'll have your own art exhibition."

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Sorry for sitting here, by the way. I saw you were alone so I decided to keep you company. I hope you don't mind!"

"I don't, actually. Thank you, I was already resigning to having a boring day." I glanced around, noticing that Harry had just entered the class.

He put his book on his desk before sitting down next to Niall, tapping the back of his pen on the light coloured desk.

"Harry Styles" I heard Aiden say next to me. "He's the model you got paired up with, isn't he?"

I turned to look at the light haired boy next to me. "Yeah."

"I bet he's hell to work with" he continued, "I don't know, he kinda looks like an asshole."

"He's not, really" I replied, inadvertently finding myself defending the mysterious boy.

"That's not what everyone says" Aiden mused. "He's literally popular only because he's attractive. I've heard his behaviour is tragic."

"You know, you really shouldn't judge people before you get to know them" I replied, opening my notebook.

"My bad, I didn't realise he was your boyfriend" he said, and I gave him a confused glance.

"What?"

He looked surprised. "He isn't? Oh, sorry. I just thought he was, given what you said and the fact that he keeps glancing in your direction."

I turned around, catching a glimpse of Harry's green gaze before he looked somewhere else. "He isn't my boyfriend" I replied fast, "we aren't even friends, for the matter."

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" He asked curiously, pretending to look at the front of the class when Mr Roberts glanced our way.

"Why would you be asking that?" I asked, confused.

"No reason, really" he replied smoothly. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out together sometime. You know, get a coffee, talk about art... that kind of stuff."

"As in a date?" I asked him, frowning.

"It can be whatever you want it to be" he said. "So? What do you say?"