Harry

SEPTEMBER

Harry doesn't like mornings. He doesn't like to wake up to the whiteness of his ceiling, a little bit of longing and foreignness in his chest, he doesn't like the dull thumping of the headache against his temples. He doesn't like the way Niall looks at him as he, strewn the covers off his body, slowly makes his way into the bathroom, his eyes halfway closed and unfocused because of his recent waking from his short sleep.

He brushes his teeth to get rid of the uncomfortable leftover taste of alcohol on his tongue and has a shower, letting the hot water drops roll down his spine while he throws his head back, his curls quickly dampening and sticking to his forehead. Harry is petty, so he puts his hand on the glass of the shower wall making the fog that was on it melt under his wet palm, another reminder for Niall that despite his wild night he still managed to get into the shower first, that will promptly show up in the moment the other boy will turn on the shower head.

He washes his hair and washes his body, taking some minutes to quickly relieve the tension in his muscles from being curled up on his bed for hours, releasing his stress in the water below. He quickly moves to the side, washing his hands in the jet of water before taking the shower head and quickly cleaning his mess, making sure the shower is as stark clean as he found it. Niall wouldn't be happy about it if he found out despite him having erased all evidence, but Harry is just that petty, and doesn't really care.

He pulls his head back and takes some more minutes to linger in the warmth before passing his hand on the shower wall and looking at the little clock on the side of the sink, widening his eyes when he sees the time and quickly turning off the water and stepping outside on the bathroom mat, standing there for a few seconds, cold and wet, his hands wrapped around his middle and his hair dripping water down his neck, before taking a towel and drying his hair up a bit with it before drying his body as well and wrapping it around his waist for the trip back to his bedroom.

He enters his room again and opens the wardrobe, not thinking much about it as he grabs the first pair of black jeans he finds and pairing it with a black long sleeved shirt, feeling like hiding in the shadows a bit more that day, to the extent he could of course, hoping that it would've dissuaded at least a few people from talking to him, worsening the ache in his head. He finished his painkillers a few days ago and he still hasn't bought more, and he certainly won't dare to ask Maura for help today, not wanting her to know that once more, he's spent his night out making easily forgotten memories.

By the time he makes his way downstairs the headache has been paired to a sense of nausea at the back of his throat, so he quickly disregards the possibility of having breakfast and pours himself a glass of water, hoping that it will be enough to get him through the day. He finishes it and puts it back on the table, exiting the room and taking his black coat, putting it on quickly and turning around just in time to shoot Niall a cold glare as he rushes down the stairs, letting him know that he is late again.

The drive to school is silent and monotonous as always, Harry not caring enough to say anything, Niall being too tired to make conversation.

They arrive at school and Harry takes a deep breath before turning off the car and opening the door, stepping outside in one quick move, knowing that at that time in the morning they aren't the only people in the parking lot, and his actions are surely observed. He closes the door, hard but not harshly, making sure that it makes just the perfect sound to announce his arrival. He doesn't know why he does that as he doesn't particularly like having people stare at him, but it's kind of addicting, and he just can't stop. He proceeds to lock his car as soon as Niall steps out too, in a less showy way because Harry's move has already caught everybody's attention and he doesn't need to try any harder, before turning around and sending a glare to everyone that dares to meet his gaze.