fifty-nine

The next morning, Liam came at my house to model for the drawing.

We walked up the stairs, and I scrunched up my nose before opening the door of my studio, not exactly liking the idea of someone else coming inside. Harry had been the first person to walk inside my studio in years, aside from me of course, and it almost felt wrong to let someone else take his place in there. But after all, it was all about art, and even though Harry had been my first model, I was more than certain that he wouldn't have been my last.

After talking for some minutes about what the best options were, considering the short time I had to get that drawing done, we decided to recreate the same pose of the drawing that had been destroyed, considering that the concept was quite nice and it would've been a shame to let it go.

I turned around as Liam undressed quickly, and I took advantage of the small window of free time to retrieve my camera, turning it on quickly and making sure everything was working fine before finally looking at Liam. "Could you lower the band of you boxers a bit?"  I asked him while moving to stand behind him. "A bit lower" I added when he didn't pull it down enough.

"How about now?" He asked, pulling it down halfway through his ass.

I closed my eyes as soon as I realised what was in front of me, feeling warmth in my cheeks and being immensely glad that he couldn't see me. "That's definitely way too low."

"Oh" he said, quickly pulling it up again. That was exactly why I'd always preferred to move Harry in the right position or fix his clothes personally, it would've taken ages before everything got exactly how it had to be otherwise. But I definitely wasn't close enough to Liam to pull down the band of his grey boxers for him.

I silently took a deep breath, trying to make my embarrassment go away before it got too noticeable. I would've never thought starting fresh with a new model was that hard.

All of sudden he started laughing, and I glanced at him. "This is so awkward, oh my goodness" he said, and the air in the room relaxed instantly.

"Are you regretting it yet?" I said, letting out a little laugh as well. "You still have to pull it lower though."

"Nah, I think I'll enjoy this" he replied, hooking his thumbs in the band of his boxers and lowering it a bit. "How's this?"

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "That's perfect" I said, going to the window and moving the curtain a bit so that the light was coming in nicely. "Look out of the window" I told him, and he did. I frowned when I realised that his hair was way shorter than Harry's, and it couldn't have shielded his face from view. "Look straight ahead" I said with a sigh and he did. I nodded to myself, deciding that it was good enough, and lifted my camera, taking a couple of pictures. I looked at them right after, making sure they were all good. "Alright, we're done" I told Liam, putting the camera on my desk, that was behind me.

"So fast?" He said, a hint of surprise in his voice, but not wasting time in making his way towards the desk and getting his clothes from the chair, putting them on quickly.

I nodded. "I will just print one and start the drawing later today" I said, glancing at the camera, wishing my other drawing hadn't got ruined. "Thank you so much for helping me."

He shrugged it away. "It really is no trouble" he simply said while putting on his shirt.

We walked downstairs and we said our goodbyes, and I watched him as he walked towards the street, closing my door as soon as he got in his car.

I walked upstairs again, entering my studio and giving another glance at the pictures saved in my camera, unsuccessfully trying to pick one to draw. I sighed, realising that I probably just needed some time to think of other things before making my decision, and I walked downstairs again, taking my coat from the hanger and exiting my house.