.3

Chase stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel tightly around his waist before heading over to his dresser and picking out some comfy clothes. Tonight was rough in more ways than one, but Chase tried not to think about it as he got dressed so he could go hang out with Nate.

Chase grabbed his book and headed for Nate's room. He was glad Nate wanted to hang out tonight... he didn't want to be alone.

Whenever Chase and Nate were together, Chase always felt so much safer... and calmer... Everything was just so much better when Nate was around. Chase went straight into the room, not bothering to knock. Nate shot Chase a smile as he entered and Chase smiled back, going to go sit on the bed with him. Nate was playing video games and talking to his friends through his headset.

Chase sat next to Nate, opening his book and leaning back into the comfortable pillows. They were so much softer than the ones in his room.

Part of Chase was wishing Nate would get off the game so they could talk and watch a movie or something, but he was also content just sitting there, reading his book and listening to how concentrated Nate became.

Nate hated losing.

After a while, Chase had finished the first book he brought and reached for the next one, Nate was still playing his game.

"That must be uncomfortable." Nate said, never breaking eye contact with the screen.
"It's alright." Chase shrugged, starting to read again. His shoulder kinda hurt from hunching over his book but it was fine. Nate rolled his eyes and paused his game before grabbing Chase and pulling him in between his legs. Chase squeaked in surprise as Nate put his arms around him and picked up his controller, going back to playing his game.

Chase was blushing a bright red but Nate payed no attention, still focused on winning his game. Chase sat up straight, trying to compose his thoughts and everything... and once he finally felt like he did that, Nate pulled Chase so his back was resting against Nate's chest and his head on his shoulder. Chase kept blushing, getting himself under control before sighing contently and going back to reading before realizing Nate couldn't see his controller...

"You can't see the controller..." Chase mumbled.
"Don't need too." Nate responded.
"But..."
"It's ok Chase. Don't worry about it." He said, glancing down at the boy in his lap. Chase nodded, pulling his book back up so he could keep reading... not realizing he was smiling like an idiot while he was cuddled in Nate's arms.

Before either boys realized it, Chase was fast asleep in Nate's arms.

Nate smiled and shook his head. He knew that would make Chase fall asleep... Nate turned off his game and turned on the tv, carefully taking the book from Chases hands and setting it on his bedside table before putting on some random movie.

Nate sat as still as he could, trying not to wake his best friend up. Chase needed a good night sleep after tonight. Nate's phone screen lit up, illuminating the semi-dark room.

Charlie: whyd u log off
Nate: tired
Charlie: hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahh
Charlie: bs you didn't have a win yet
Nate: 🙄
Nate: Chase fell asleep didn't wanna wake him

Charlie: mhmmm I get it 😉
Nate: dickhead nothing is happening
Nate: I wouldn't be texting you if something was
Charlie: oh yes. Sure. Yes

Nate: *attachment one image*
Nate: see fast asleep
Charlie: AHHHH HES SO CUTE
Charlie: WTF
Charlie: HOW DOES HE LOOK THAT CUTE I LOOK LIKE A DYING PIG WHEN I SLEEP

Nate: alright weirdo. I won't argue with you tho
Charlie: about the cute part?
Nate: no the pig part. But yes he is cute...

Charlie: yes. Yes he is. Idek how you two haven't banged yet
Nate: really
Charlie: Yes. I ship.
Nate: your ship can sink like the titanic.