10

"I'm just... afraid to tell him" Chase complained as they drove down the street where he lived and where the rest of the crew was patiently waiting for the takeout. "We've only been dating for 3 months and I don't want him to freak out."
"But Chase you've known him ever since you both were little babies. You guys have practically been dating since you were like 4. Now you just have a title."

Chase smiled and nodded. Maybe Havens right... he should just tell Nate... and maybe add on it's ok if he didn't love him back... just to be safe...

Sage and Charlie where outside talking when they pulled into the driveway, but when they saw the car they bolted inside. Chase raised and eyebrow and Haven shrugged... even though she knew the exact reason they bolted inside.

Sage had gotten really close to everyone in there small friend group. He was always nice and crazy and he made everyone's day brighter... and as for Mae... well she moved and nobody has heard from her since...

Haven and Chase walked into the house that was suspiciously quiet. Chase frowned and walked into the kitchen, setting the takeout on the counter. There was a single pink rose sitting on the counter with a note tied to it.

Upstairs...

Was all the note read. Chase held the rose as he walked towards the stairs, not noticing Haven had gotten out her phone and started taking a video. When Chase got to the top of the steps he found a red and white rose with another note tied to it. This time it said garage. Chase was seriously confused but he went to the garage anyway. In the garage he found a small bouquet of red, white and pink roses. There was a note by it that read

I know you probably don't like the hunt, but on each of these rosses is a number, go outside and place each rose in the corresponding spot and it'll spell out a word... then turn around...

Nate xx

Chase smiled and picked up the roses. His heart starting to beat a little faster. Haven was still following him with the camera, which he still hadn't noticed.

Chase went outside and saw the layout as the sun started to set. He smiled and began putting the roses in the corresponding spot. Meanwhile, Nate was slowly and quietly making his way across the yard, dressed in a white top and black skinny jeans with his black high tops... he really didn't like this outfit but Chase loved it on him... Nate picked up the heart ballon and the sign from its hiding spot and waited for Chase to turn around. He chewed on his bottom lip and tapped his foot before glancing over at Charlie who gave him a thumbs up...

Why was he so nervous? Chase was his boyfriend... he had to say yes...

Well he didn't have too...

Once Chase finished his smile was ridiculously big and he felt teary eyes, and when he turned around he started crying.

17 roses... one for each year I've known you... and here's one for the day I realized I needed you... Prom?

Chase walked over to Nate, only nodding his head as he couldn't find the words to express anything and everything he was feeling. Nate put the sign and balloon down and opened his arms for his boyfriend who was quietly sobbing. Chase walked into his arms, still nodding his head. Nate kissed the top of his head as they hugged in the middle of the yard.

Chase untucked his head from Nate's chest and looked up at him. "Nate...I love you..." He whispered softly... afraid to see his reaction.

Nate's smile grew impossibly bigger. "I love you too Chase." And at that moment in time everything seemed right with the world. Chase felt a huge weight being lifted off his chest... Nate loves him back... he really did...