22

Your POV:

I don't remember how I got back to my room, or when sunbae left. I don't remember anything.

All that I remember now are the promises Jungkook made.

"You're worth thee risks."

"Every day with you is the happiest for me."

"I'm scared. Scared, that you don't see me as a man. Scared that you'll tell me you can't date me for I'm younger."

I'm so glad you came into my life. I don't think I've laughed, smiled and enjoyed as much in my life as I did today, with you."

"I'm glad my GIRLFRIEND knows that."

Everything came flooding back to me. And I was breaking down with every piece of memory that replayed in my head over and over again.

"I love you."

That's what he had told me. Was his love this fickle, or was plainly just that he never did love me?

I don't think either of those would hurt me less.

And by the time Mina knocked on my door, I was a sobbing, wailing mess.

I didn't want them to see me like this or even suspect I was in this state because of Jungkook.

I had only just started to get along with them...

"Y/n! Open up! We're getting late for the practice. We need to compile songs for the album as well. Yah!!"

Seeing no escape, I doused the water bottle on my face and quickly dried it with a tissue in hopes of making it less obvious I was crying my voice box out of my throat.

I opened the door.

"What took you so-," she stopped mid sentence when she saw my face.

Crap.

"What happened?"

"W-what?," I asked even though I knew what she meant just to stall for time.

But no idea came to me.

"Why were you crying?," she asked, more curious than worried.

Holy shit. I can't even say it's because of the anti fan comments because I was already over it... well, a little over it - and they know that.

Why else could I be crying? Periods? Yeah, I do cry like a bitch during that time of the month.

"Oh.. uh.. well I-," I started when she interrupted me.

"Is it because of the Jungkook news?," she asked with a straight face, as if she already knew it was so.

Oh man holy shit! Can't my tears be for anything other than Jungkook?

Even though they had been only about him for a while now...

"It's because her boyfriend fought with her," Minjoo said as she put a hand on my shoulder.

My eyes widened and so did Mina's.

"That sunbae of hers is her boyfriend?," she looked shocked.

Figuring this excuse was way better than the Niagra Falls in my pants one, I nodded slightly.

Moreover, it took their suspicion off of my pain on the news. And since sunbae was just over, it made so much sense that somewhere even believed it was true.

And it wasn't a lie that he was my boyfriend. So it wasn't all a lie after all.

"Whoa maknae I never knew you'd be this coy," Mina laughed. "While the world was wrongly accusing you of loving Jungkook, you were having the last laugh with your sunbae!" She looked impressed.

"Yeah, well...," I tried to ignore the sting of her words.

Then she nudged me and said, "He's out of your league so cherish him," then winked at me. "And don't worry. I'll keep your secret."

As she turned to leave, she said, "I hope you guys work it out! And get ready in 5! We're already late!"

"Thank you," I said to Minjoo as soon as Mina left.

She patted my head and said, "Don't cry for him any more, okay? Love does not justify trampling over someone like trash. You deserve better than that."

But her words only brought more tears to my eyes which she wiped and hugged me. "I know it hurts right now, but I promise it'll get better. And to be honest, hanging out with someone other than him is actually a good idea. Plus, that sunbae looks like a nice guy."

I looked at her and raised an eyebrow and she laughed nervously.

"Okay, okay. I may have eavesdropped a bit."

And the way she shamelessly said that, made me break into a smile.

"YOU BOTH ARE STILL STANDING HERE?!," Mina said and we both ran inside to get changed.

After we had practiced for 6 hours straight, I sat down to get a breather while everybody started to get changed and go back to the dorms.

"I really like the title song for our album. It just shows our style!," Hyeyeon said, picking up her water bottle.

"Yeah, me, too."

"Why are you sitting? Let's go home and have some fried chicken!"

"I'm too tired to get up. I'll be back in a while. Save some chicken for me."

Of course, the fatass inside you still survived.

Aha, the bitchy conscience always has a comeback when I'm down.

When everyone was gone, I took my phone out and stared at Jungkook's number.

Even though my ego was lapping its fiery tail in anger for he hadn't even called to ask how I had been holding up after the news....

...or the fact it was some sort of a trick or plan or something... besides the truth.

The anger inside me was on the verge of turning to hatred but I still held a sliver of hope as I hit call.

And I stepped across into the territory of hatred and indifference when I heard:

"We're sorry for the inconvenience but the number you dialled does not exist. Please try again."

He had changed his number.

And it was his way of telling me to fuck off.

As the last of my angry tears fell, I decided I would not cry for him any more.

Nothing he'll do will ever affect me.

Funny thing about me, I keep on giving chances and keep on giving you the benefit of the doubt... and keep on hoping against the worst until the very end.

But once I turn my back, it's over: You don't matter to me.

"You're not my bias, Jeon Jungkook. And now you aren't even an idol to me."

Vote, share and comment.