25

Your POV:

I hadn't come across Jungkook after that abs oggling, rain bathing, nosebleeding day.

Not that I had noticed that.

I was too cool for that, wasn't I?

But when I finally got to rest after the vigorous week of dancing and recording our title track, I realized I hadn't even seen him around.

Maybe it was because I was being extra cautious about not having to run into him at practice...

...but he wasn't even around when I got out for school.

The only time I saw him was in the cafeteria after that, I had gone out with sunbae for lunch the entire week.

On one hand you're deliberately evading Jungkook and on the other hand, you're wondering if he's doing the same? You're a total bitch, you know that?

And the bitchy me makes a comeback.

"Y/n, my dad needs me at the company so I have to leave early. I'm so sorry I can't drop you off today," sunbae said, while we were having lunch.

I don't know why but that actually dampened my mood. I had actually gotten used to hanging out with sunbae alone. I hadn't realized that I never hung out with him without Yoona before.

Was I falling for him...?

"It's okay," I said and was shocked at the sadness evident in my voice.

That made sunbae chuckle and for a moment, I saw Jungkook in him.

What even-

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." He winked and picked his jacket.

Did I like sunbae?

No, I couldn't, right? But why did I feel the loss now that he wasn't here? I never felt his absence this way before...

Then, was I over Jungkook?

Yes, I should be, right? Then why did I get the glimpse of him in sunbae? I wasn't like I was searching Jungkook in him...

Or was I?

My mind was a mess as I searched for Jungkook to tell him I was going to ride with him today.

But he was nowhere to be found and I figured not seeing him was better for me.

At break off, I quickly said goodbye to Yoona and ran to the gate in case Jungkook got there first and took off without me.

I was relieved to see the van standing there.

I guess Jungkook hadn't come out yet.

"Oh, annyeonghasaeyo, ahjussi (Hi, uncle), my friend left early today," I said, as I got in.

Just as I sat on the seat, the door opened and Jungkook got in.

He was startled to see me sitting there and I couldn't deny my heart squeezing painfully at his sight.

Okay maybe I wasn't completely over him...?

He sat on the front seat so I could only see his lips from the rearview mirror - which were perked up in a smirk.

I don't know why, but it angered me.

Throughout our way back, Jungkook was texting vigorously... and his smile was different from the smirk he had on earlier.