002 - oscar

OSCAR WOKE UP GROGGY, RUBBING HIS EYES AS HE TRIED TO SIT UPRIGHT. The blaring alarm clock stationed on his left reminded him of last night's abnormal amount of alcohol intake was starting to take it's toll on him, starting with the infamous hangover, which would later proceed to turn into pure exhaust. It was his birthday last night, and he had intended to go big, and as usual, he hadn't thought of the repercussions. From beside him, his girlfriend groaned in annoyance before shifting her position facing away from him and pulling the blanket with her. She offered him a tiny smile as he kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her for two or so seconds then moved to get ready.

"Morning, babe." He whispered gruffly as moved himself to the edge, letting his legs hover over the cotton cushioning he took pride in purchasing.

He stood up, stretching his arms in a melodramatic manner.

It was going to happen one way or another anyway, plus, both had completed their girlfriend and boyfriend duties at the crack of dawn this morning, continually sneaking kisses at one another as their laughter, three pitches higher than usual echoed in their spacious apartment.

Oscar's footsteps thudded heavily as he dragged himself off the much too relaxing environment that him up in the clouds. Talk about nostalgia.

"Shh," she grimaced, hands covering her ears, "Five minutes. Give me five more minutes."

"You can have the whole day," he looked over to her with sympathy, before making his way to the bathroom, "Michael must be stupid to think that you'd come to work the day after your boyfriend's birthday."

As he glanced at his distraught, fuzzy morning appearance, a smile dared to play on his lips. He was a man now. One with all the responsibilities that only a serious person would be lucky enough to have the opportunity to call his. One of which, was his more frequent use of the word 'Oscar', no longer the whiplash high school musical rip off renamed after an animated character from Disney's Lion King.

Through the years, Oscar believed that he had matured, even if it was a mild maturity session, he had still matured, hence the new and evolutionized name, Oscar. No one called him Scar anymore, the name in this age was unheard of, and he was more than happy to shed his outcast persona as soon as life paved a path for him. Heck-he even had a girlfriend, a dashing beauty that he had fallen madly in love with back in college. The two would go traipsing around to everyone's dorm rooms hailing the students to attend.

Good times, he reminisced.

He could practically feel Natalie, his girlfriend rolling her eyes from where she lay, "Usually, the girlfriend skips the day on her boyfriend's birthday. Better yet, she doesn't even skip the day, she just drinks a fuck ton after work."

Oscar laughed as she chucked a pillow in his direction, she continued, "But who am I to turn down a perfect excuse to skip work. Oh, how I wish it was your birthday every day."

"Well, Nat," he teased, "Since you're feeling better -"

"No!" she cut off. "I'm dying. Please help me, I don't think I'll survive. It's an emergency, Ossie!" He only smiled at her creative use of the newly created nickname while shaking his head playfully.

He had work today. Oscar had started with his face, making sure that his daily shave and freshener were completed before gelling his hair into place. Generally, he didn't enjoy dollopping a glob on his jet-black hair, but today was different. Today, he dressed to impress.

Slipping into a semi-tight long sleeved apparel that had just come out this season while grabbing his most presentable blazer, a dark green color in contrast to his almost light green-orange eyes for today's ever-so-important meeting. As the general manager, it was practically his job to lead the discussion let alone be present, so no matter how much he and Natalie wanted him to stay, he eventually had to slip through the door, grabbing the maroon-rimmed key on his way out.