Fight Me Not

Third person POV

You could see Ian was not handling the situation well. Firstly he should be happy he actually got to hear everything that was supposed to be written in his letter straight from the girls lips herself.

But no, he took the leaving of Violet pretty hard.
His eyes turned from their usual blue to a dark navy, he started to breathe in more deeply, more rapidly. His body started to shake unreasonably quickly as his wolf tried to make an appearance. He more likely to be controlling Ian's thoughts .
His wolf was nearly not giving him control since Ian took away his mate... now knowing that she is really gone and that he hasn't a clue where to find her. He is loosing it even more.

"Dave, get Alana and the girls out of the room." Dylan shouted, his wolf coming forward to protect the females of his pack.
And with that both he and Reese stalked over to Reese, like predators approaching their pray. When they were close enough, each of them grabbed an arm and dragged Ian to the bathroom. Turning in an ice cold shower they shoved a shaking almost transformed Ian into it and against the wall.

Ian pushed , trying to get out of the hold his beta and third had on him.
"Calm down Ian, NOW." Reese growled , pushing Ian against the wall even further.

"She left! She is gone! she is gone...." with that Ian sunk down to sit on the floor of the shower. Fully in control he looked up at his best friends.

"I chased her away."

"You didn't-" Reese was about to push the blame on someone else, some thing he is so used to doing. Always blaming others so he doesn't have to feel the burden of carrying something.

"No Reese, you Ian are part of the reason she left! You wanted her to be your mistress for one! And two you treated her with no emotion when you first met her . How the hell did you even do that."

Ian let out a breath of air.
"I did that so we could be together in secret. I couldn't tell my pack and you know that."

Dylan let out a frustrated breathe and pulled his dark black hair.

"I understand now Ian, your alpha priorities will always come first for you, but after the wedding , everyone found out that Aimee isn't your mate and I am pretty sure many people would have guessed violet is yours by now! The pack wants to meet her! They want their real Luna. You just have to make a move. They will love her regardless."

"I don't love her Dyl."

"BS," for the first time in the argument Reese interrupted and put in his own advice. " both Dylan and I have mate and we both can vouch that the very first time we looked into their eyes we were madly in love. So you can not tell me otherwise."

"Aimee would understand ...she has a mate somewhere to..."

Ian put his hands in his arms. Whispering to him friends to give him a minute. It was not good for them to see their alpha so weak.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

On the other side of the pack house.

The fierce red head stood with her hair tied in a fishplait and her arms folded in front of here. He gaze glaring at her brother.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Brother."

Xander crosses his arms and laid his head against the wall that he was near.
"There isn't anything to explain baby sister."

Brie mentally rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Nine months Xander...that's all."

Xander knew he wasn't going to escape this argument...

"I don't know myself honestly why she asked me...I have yet to open it." Xander slowly took out his letter from his pocket. Within a second it was torn out of his grip and into his sisters.

"Well let's open it."

Xander was hesitant. This house was filled with wolves and he didn't want anyone to come across this letter or it's contents what ever it held.

"Not here Brielle.." with that he dragged his sister out of the house. They ran from a mile before Xander thought he was far enough.

"I should have guessed something was up with you two. You always stood up for her. And she was always around you....no that can't be right cause you've only saw her like three times."
Brie went off thinking and trying to suit the situation to make sense.

"Stop over thinking this."

"Maybe if you tell me what's going on then I will."

Xander tugged in his short air before turning back to face his sister. Her long red hair fell delicately alone her shoulders and her piercing green eyes that they both shared with their late mother shone back at them.

"We met first the day you met Dylan. Ian was forcing her to go home and you could see something was wrong. She didn't whither away even though his voice held authority. That was the first hint that she wasn't from his pack. Ian invited me to come for the branding ceremony. I couldn't resist. There was something about Violet that just made want to explore her more...so I agreed."

Brie let out a chuckle." And here I thought you were coming to support your only sister."

Xander rolled his eyes..I small smile etching onto his face. "During my stay , I found out that she was Ian's mate. And that got me infuriated."

"Ooh" Brie interrupted again," because you started to like her ....it all makes sense now!"

"No Brie , I got angry because Ian has something I can never have again and he is just throwing it away."

Xander heart rate picked up as he though about Ella, his mate. It's been almost a year now since her death.

She was truly something different. Xander met her on a journey to a European Pack. She was gorgeous. Black dark hair and raven eyes that pierced into his soul.
Not to sound overly cheesy but it was love at first sight...for him.

Ella on the other hand was married to a human and had  twin boys.
She went through a medical procedure to have children. A surrogate. All this so she could be with the man she loved and the man that was not Xander.

When Ella first laid eyes on Xander..she could not believe it. She was about to ruin the life of an alpha just because she was in love. Yet she still did it. She rejected Xander.
But the twist of magic always is in favour. A rouge pack attacked the village where Ella and her family stayed. But even a rejected Xander hung his neck out to protect his mate...so much so that he listen to her when she begged him to protect her children first. Which he did.

But the human was killed and that broke Ella. She drove a herself of a cliff a week later , leaving a simple message to Xander...to take care of her children and to her children to take care of each other.

The twin boys now were about twelve years old, the same age as Dylans brother. They lived peacefully with their uncle in a pack back in Europe.

They know nothing about their mother but the lie told that the mother died of grief that her mate died.

And no one was going to tell them otherwise . Xander made sure.

From those couple of weeks he spent with Ella , he could now say that she and Violet where complete opposites. While Violet was ready to fulfill her extravagant dreams...Ella was content with living a life of normality. Violet was strong willed and sassy..Ella was cute and quiet.

There was one problem though, with or without a mate bond. Xander couldn't describe the feeling of when he met Violet and how similar it was to when he met Ella. Similar yet so different.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Feedback?