Chapter 4 - Interrupted by too many phone Calls

Fifteen minutes after Brett received the nerve-wracking message, Eddy came back with a bag full of everything he needed for a sleepover. He noticed something was off with his friend but couldn't spot what, and just let it be for now.

He went to the bathroom to put his cleaning stuff in and took his phone out of his pocket. He opened Instagram and walked towards Brett's bedroom, filming the floor. When Brett was in sight, he focused on him and zoomed in on his surprised face.

"Sleepover time!" he cheered.

Brett made some hand gestures as he always does (probably his conductor side showing) and let out an excited "Yeah!", cause that's what you do when someone films you for their Instagram story. When Eddy stopped filming, he sat down next to the shorter violinist as he posted the video. Brett smiled and discretely wrapped his arm around him, making him blush.

Eddy looked at Brett with admiring, yet nervous eyes. "We're not going to... Right?"

Brett moved his arm to the shoulder closer to him. "What do you mean? Nah, we're not going to practice."

Eddy shook his head and giggled. "No, I mean... You know..."

The other boy stuttered as he understood what the other meant. "O-oh! Uh. N-no. We won't if you don't want to."

The taller violinist smiled. He stated that he definitely wasn't ready yet, and Brett agreed. He added that he wasn't planning on that anyway. Afterwards, they hugged and stayed in that position for what seemed to be hours, but actually only was less than a minute. When they parted, they just smiled at eachother and Brett decided to break the John Cage 4'33" worthy silence.

"Can we.. Can we kiss? Or would you rather not?"

Eddy replied with a shy nod and a bigger smile, as Brett closed his eyes and took Eddy's face to move it closer to his. They were just centimeters away from eachother now, and time never seemed so slow. They both wished this would last forever, knowing that the next moment would be even better.

Something in Brett's pocket distracted him. His phone was ringing. He let out a mumbled "Fuck!" before quickly getting up and answering the phone in another room. Eddy tried to get him back, but the other boy apologised and said it was important. Two times in a row, something has to happen when they almost kiss. It's like they're in a really badly written fanfiction or something.

Eddy buried his head in his hands, wondering what was going to be wrong the next time. Maybe we just aren't meant to be, he thought. Brett, on his side, answered the phone nervously.

"Yes, hello?"

The voice of the caller made itself be known. "Yeah, hey, it's me, the editor."

Brett really wanted to hang up. This was definitely not the moment, and he didn't want to talk about this incident right now anyway. "Oh. Hey. Got a question?"

"Not really", they replied. "I was just worried because you never replied to my message. It's not your style."

At that moment, Eddy walked up behind Brett and asked:

"What message? You're on speaker."

TBC