Chapter 8 - Social media knows everything about Them

“What? You found out what happened?” Eddy shouted from the kitchen. “By the way, breakfast's ready, get over here.”

Brett joined his partner with his phone in his right hand, he had scrolled down since the last message but was scrolling back up to find it again. When he found it, he started reading it entirely out loud:

"I'm so happy for you two! It's great news to find out you're going out. I'm glad I follow your video editors on twitter lol. That tweet BLEW UP!!!"

The taller violinist let his fork fall in his breakfast from the shock it gave him. Out of everything that could've possibly happened, someone outed them. And out of everyone who could've outed them - actually, just Ben Lee and the editor -, it was the most trusted one. He picked up his fork, now covered in food, and licked it clean. He was trying to hard not to show his frustration - no, his anger - with what happened.

Meanwhile, the shorter violinist was thinking of a solution to this. Perhaps making the editor say that it was a joke would help, but the news spread like wildfire and he wasn't sure this retraction would be sufficient to calm all the raging fanboys and fangirls. Sure enough, there were people who already shipped them before that, and their dreams came true. At least one of them was probably writing a fanfiction about them. But others saw them as friends and this would just be crazy news to them.

He sighed. “I can't believe they did this!”

The other boy shook his head. “I would've expected Ben to do it, but not them. We need to talk to them as soon as possible.”

Yang checked his world clock application on his phone and saw that, in the timezone their editor was living in, it was the middle of the afternoon.

“Great, we could call them now.”, he proposed.

“I'd rather do that after breakfast...”, Eddy groaned.

They both finished what he had prepared and took separate showers to be ready for the upcoming day. When they were entirely ready, almost to the point to go out, they went on Messenger to see if their editor was online; and they were. They tapped the Call button and waited for an answer, but nothing happened. They thought, maybe the editor was already calling someone else, so they waited a couple of minutes.

After ten minutes, they called back and the editor picked it up.

“Hey guys, what's going on?”

The two boys looked terribly annoyed, and the person in their screen must have noticed. They asked:

“Is something wrong?”

Before realising what they'd done.

“Oh god. Oh no. Shit. Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was hungover and still kind of drunk and... It just...” They were stumbling upon their words. “Fuck, this is all my fault.”

The editor buried their head in their hands (like a lot of people seem to do in this story) and seemed to start sobbing.

“Hey, hey, hey... It's going to be alright.”, Eddy softly said. “Sure, what you did definitely is not okay, but it's not the end of the world, nor for you nor for us.”

“Yeah, we can get through this.”, Brett added. “I think we should let you calm down before we call back. Is that okay?”

The editor shyly nodded and hung up the call. TwoSet looked at eachother.

“Should we let them go?” Brett asked.

“What, like fire them?”

“I don't know. It's just an idea that crossed my mind.” The shorter boy scratched his head. “Just forget it.”

“I have an idea of what we could do...”

TBC