Chapter 6

*Pic above is my idea of the sweater that Aarti was wearing*

Ryan's POV

I was listening her rant for past ten minutes but I still couldn't figure out why she was angry, what did I do wrong.

She didn't seem like she was ready to stop anytime soon, all I was hearing was colorful insults that were specifically directed to me even though I have no idea why.

"You ungrateful bastard, I never knew one of my friends would be among them"

Among who?

"Never pegged you to be one of those intolerant bastards, you are disgusting"

What did I do?

"I thought all of my friends were progressive, open minded but no I was wrong, every group has a prick and in our group it is you"

She huffed but did not speak for a moment, I think she was out of breath which gave me the opportunity to finally say something after only listening for fifteen minutes.

"Would you please tell me, what did I do this time, how can I defend myself when I don't even know what I did ? " I asked

She snorted and said " Oh you want to hear it from me, okay fine"

Thank god.

"You think you are better than others because you are straight"

Say WHAT.

"I knew all these muscles that you gained in gym will eventually block your mind"

What the hell is this woman saying.

"For your kind information no one chooses to be gay, they just are but you wouldn't know you self-centered bigot, then again nobody even needs your approval you homophobic piece of shit"

Lady Can I get a second to process all this.

"Ryan you are ......"

Okay.

Enough is enough.

My turn.

"AARTI" I nearly shouted just to gain her attention.

"WHAT" She responded in the same tone.

"Look I don't even know where did you get this idea, I am not homophobic and you have been my friend since forever to know that I don't judge people and even if you have the idea that I am a bully to gays, then for your kind information I don't even know a gay person to even bully them" I said calmly.

"Oh So you admit if you knew a gay person you would bully them, what if I was gay would you beat me, call me names huh?" She stated somewhat sadly.

Now this is getting RIDICULOUS.

"Aarti, firstly calm down, yes, now take a deep breath, good, now tell me why are you accusing me of something that I am not and please answer clearly don't start running around in circles again, Please"

Finally she is listening to me.

"I posted a picture on instagram in support of decriminalization of section 377, in order to celebrate it and support all the LGBTQ+ people out there, all our friends liked and commented on that except you, So I thought..."She trailed sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes at this.

"You know I don't use social media that often, but you could have told me in college today rather than accusing me over the phone, by the way when did you post?"

"Oh about that I posted it after college you see around 9 pm " She said in hushed tone.

"What the hell man, it's only been one and a half hour since you posted something, you could at least have waited up until morning before accusing me" I exclaimed.

She just huffed in response.

"So, go like the post NOW" she said childishly and disconnected the call.

Weird Girl.

I opened my instagram and looked for her post.

She has posted a picture of herself wearing rainbow colored sweater with a rainbow flag in hand, the caption section was bombarded with hashtags like #love_wins, #Love_is_love, #Equality, #Peace and many more. 

Surely enough all my friend including many other have already liked and commented even the lazy ass David.

The comment section for the most part was filled with positivity, which made me smile.

As I was scrolling through the comments I saw his name and without thinking much I clicked on the profile with the name of kanan"

Note:

Section 377 - Whoever voluntarily has carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine.

So in short this section also criminalized the people of LGBTQ+  community in India but recently it got decriminalized, finally giving the community its long deserved rights.