Chapter 12

**Pics of kanan and Ryan in their party attires**

Ryan's POV

"Awwwwwwwwww, you and kanan match" Aarti exclaimed.

Wait what.

"Your suits dummy" She said.

Oh yeah we both were wearing slightly similar color, but if you ask me it looks way better on him.

"hehehehehe that's true but kanan looks like a cute gentleman while ryan..." Monica said.

"looks like a bodyguard" Aarti completed Monica's sentence while cackling up like a lunatic.

"Nope most bodyguards wear black suits, Ryan is not wearing black" David countered.

Thank you god for atleast one friend who defends me.

"whatever" Aarti huffed.

Although my mind was still stuck on what kavya, kanan's sister had said earlier, but before I could have asked her further she was called by her mother.

Oh yeah kanan's parents, the whole reason we were here, kanan's mother is Australian while his father is Indian, which obviously explains his unique features, they are nice people.

Apart from kavya he also has a elder brother, Krish.

I think his family likes the letter K way too much, well seeing as his mother's name is Kristen while father's name is Karan.

Party was really good, everything was arranged by the three siblings.

"Gosh kanan's mom is so beautiful, his parents make such a beautiful couple" Anita said.

"I wonder how they met, considering the difference in their native countries "she proceeded.

That is something I might also be curious about.

"Why don't we ask kanan"Anita suggested.

"kanan, hey over here" Aarti called him from across the room.

"Jesus lady do you have microphone installed in your voice box" David teased her only to get a nudge from her.

"Hey"Kanan said as he approached us "Uhmmm Are you guys having fun, sorry I didn't get any time to talk to you guys, uhhhh the surprise gift that we have arranged got a bit delayed due to some delivery issues, uhhh so I uhhhh"

"Hey it's okay" I told him while squeezing his shoulder slightly, the action made him stop talking and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"yeah you are right I uh just want everything to go perfectly" he said looking slightly relaxed than earlier.

"Don't worry the party is awesome and the gift will also be here soon, so while we are waiting for the gift to be delivered why don't you tell us your parent's love story, we are reaaaaalllyy curious" Aarti asked while latching onto his arm like usual. Making me feel uncomfortable like usual.

"ohhhh" he said while turning red, I couldn't help but smile at his embarrassed face, well I would be embarrassed too if someone asks about my parents love life.

"Please kanan" Monica said to him but oddly enough she was looking at me.

"Oh uhmmm well, uh my dad is a sculptor while my mom is a painter, they met in a art convention in Australia, and it was uhh like love at first sight."He replied in a shy tone.

All the girls awwwed at that, making him turn redder.

"kanan" his sister shouted from the other end of room.

"Oh the gift must be here" He said and left hurriedly.

"Awwwww that was sweet, wasn't it Ryan" Monica asked me.

"Uhmmm yeah" why is she asking this to me alone.

Then she whispered in my ear "You like him, don't you."

Shit.