Chapter 18

**Pic above is Bradley and Michael**

A/N: This is the very first chapter with kanan's POV, there will be more. In last chapter someone commented that they are waiting for kanan's POV, so this one is for you Jayy_is_back, hope you like it.

Kanan's POV

I was 10 when I first got to meet my mother's side of family well not meet because I have already met my grandfather and grandmother but I have never visited them, they live in Australia.

Then it became sort of a tradition and I started visiting them every couple of years.

I even had made a couple of friends there, like this kid named Bradley who lived next door, he was a year older than me but my brother and I , we used to play with him a lot and also Sarah and Sebastian the twins.

When I was fifteen my mom and dad dropped us off at my grandparents house for the holidays and went to attend some art convention in London.

That was the time I had my first kiss. It was with Bradley.

He kissed me while we were sitting in the backyard.

Before that kiss I have never thought of a boy or a girl in a romantic or sexual way .EVER.

But the realization that dawned on me because of that kiss, terrified me and it made me realize that even though I have never actually thought about my sexuality, there had always been this underlying attraction, appreciation towards men which was way stronger than it was for women.

Bradley told me that he liked me.

And that terrified me.I don't know why but it did.

I ended up rejecting him saying that I wasn't Gay, which I totally was lying about, He understood it and we didn't talk about it any more for the rest of my stay there.

Days started passing without any hassle, until I visited my grandparents again when I was seventeen, up until then i have psyched myself into the feeling that if my family ever found out about my sexual orientation, they would kick me out and hate me forever, what would my brother say, would my dad will get disgusted by me, would my mom disown me, would grandpa send me to some sort of conversion therapy.

I decided to talk to Bradley, he was the only person I could talk to.

So, I called him over he had moved out from the neighborhood because apparently he was eighteen and didn't live with his parents anymore.

He was the first person whom I told I was gay, I also told him about all my fears but he just smiled and said "You don't even know how lucky you are"

I gave him a confused look.

He didn't say anything but fished out his phone called someone. When I asked him he just said to wait, ten or fifteen minutes later a boy maybe a year older than us came.

Bradley introduced him as his boyfriend, Michael.

He told me that he came out to his parents last year and they didn't take it well, they threw him out of the house , my grandparents were the one who took him in, and when he turned eighteen he moved in with Michael.

"But my grandparents,they never said anything to me, I mean I talk to them every week , they never mentioned it to me."I had said to Bradley.

"Your grandparents are not the one to boost about there good work but you should know no matter what others say , your grandparents will always love you."He replied.

"But- But what about my parents, my brother and sister"I said worriedly

"Whatever happens atleast you'll always have your grandparents, I was tired of hiding myself that's why I came out to my parents, even though somewhere deep down I always knew that they will never accept me, but then there are people out there like your grandparents, I am not saying that you should come out, No, you do it when you are comfortable, but remember there will always be people who will criticize you for who you are, just don't let such people rule your life" he said.

His word were encouraging but not enough to risk it with my family,and I decided to do it on my eighteenth birthday

And oh boy what a birthday it was.

Were they accepting?

Hell fucking Yeah.