[1.2] T h e F a c e t i m e

C h a p t e r  T w o
A p r i l • P o v

"Is he hot?" My sister yells down the line, scrutinising me as she bounces on top of her bed, the phone jiggling slightly as the movement.

I roll my eyes teasingly, "That's the first thing you ask after not seeing your older sister for so long, two days if I'm correct."

She stares at me impatiently, "Well is he?"

I laugh at Katy, moving some bits and bobs from my bedside as I get comfortable on my bed.

"Very. He's like a model that walked off the cover of a Gucci magazine."

Katy claps her hands excitedly, her red hair bouncing at the movement, "When you can, you have got to send me a photo. I need to meet your future husband."

I almost choke on my saliva, "Hun, there isn't going to be a wedding ever. Hayden is my roommate and I've only just met the guy. I don't even know his favourite colour or whatnot."

My younger sister looks at me as if I've grown two heads, "But admit it older sis, you find the guy physically attractive. You haven't looked so smitten over a guy since Noah."

I hear shuffling in the background and soon Katy's boyfriend Andrew face comes into sight. "Oh hello April, I didn't know my girlfriend was on FaceTime to you."

He gives her a pointed stare to which Katy shrugs uneasily, "She told me she was up here doing her homework instead of watching Netflix with me like she promised."

Relationship goals!

Andrew and Katie have been dating for a year, and I couldn't be more happy for my sister. At the time, Andrew had underwent a tough breakup with his previous girlfriend and bumped into Katie in a coffee shop. Long story short, he poured his coffee over her and then offered to buy her another drink. Next thing you know, they have their tongues shoved down each other's throats.

Something that my parents aren't all too happy about.

I raise an eyebrow at Katy, who doesn't meet my gaze, "I need to go check up on Hayden, you two have fun."

Katy looks at me in despair, "Don't hang up on me, April Bunting or I swear to Go-" I end the call, mouthing an oops as I put my phone into the charger, giggling as I think of how Andrew is probably giving her the biggest lecture ever.

Oh who am I kidding? They're probably kissing right now.

"Hayden, is everything okay? I was coming to check up on you." I walk into the living room and find my roommate sprawled out across the sofa, watching boxing.

Shirtless.

Why oh why did he feel the need like every other guy to do such a simple task shirtless?

And make poor innocent girls like me drool as though the world requires our saliva to keep on breathing?

I wonder what those abs would feel like under my fingertips, probably hard like every where else.

God, I'm going crazy today. I'm saying the most stupidest of things.

"You sure love checking me out, babygirl." Hayden announces, causing a blush to spread across my once pale cheeks.

Swallowing down my pride, I sit beside him without eyeing his abs, no matter how badly I want to.

"I overheard your conversation with your sister?" he winks, his full attention on me as I feel my mouth run dry, "You think I'm hot?"

I blush furiously now, looking anywhere but at him, "The reason I called my sister behind a closed door was because of a thing called privacy. You weren't meant to listen in, you creep."

Hayden chuckles, sitting up straighter, "When the conversation revolves around me, of course I'm going to listen in, I'm a guy. We listen in to things said about us just like anyone normal human being would do."

"Your exact words if I remember correctly you think I'm a model that walked straight off the cover of a Gucci Magazine." He winks, raising an eyebrow as the temperature in the room suddenly becomes a lot warmer.

I choke on my saliva for the second time today, "I was being nice, Hayden. Don't make such a big deal out of it, I h-have a boyfriend."

I curse as the lie slips off my tongue easily. I watch Hayden's eyes go a shade darker and before I know it, my front is flushed right against his hard chest, my heart rate accelerating as I look into his eyes.

"Boyfriend? Babygirl, don't lie to me. You blush when you lie." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, stroking my cheek softly.

I shiver at his touch, goosebumps forming from where Hayden's hand was last.

"Never lie to me again." And with that, he walks out the living room, leaving me a hot mess.

God, why is my roommate making me affecting me so much?