[1.13] T h e B i g Q u e s t i o n

C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n
A p r i l • P o v

"God, Creative writing is so tough sometimes." Sapphire mutters as we walk out the auditorium, I nod in agreement as we walk to our apartments.

"Movie night at mine? Nathan and his boyfriend Jake will be there, Tom is there and we're expecting you and Hayden."

I smile, my mind drifting back to Hayden, "We'll be there. What time?"

"Six sound good?" I nod, rubbing my shoulders.

"I'm so glad it's the week before Christmas, no more school for two weeks. The joy of it all." I declare, giving Sapphire a brief hug before walking into my shared apartment.

Hayden is nowhere to be seen so I get myself busy by making omelettes for lunch and some tea. I'm not hungry and Hayden rarely is.

"Is that food being made by my gorgeous girl?" I smell his cologne and a smile instantly lights up my face.

"Stop being a cheesy little shit and I'm not your girl officially." I throw the hint, and Hayden finally takes it.

He swivels me around and wraps an arm around my waist, "April Bunting, you're the first girl I've ever liked and you'd make me the happiest guy if you'd be my girlfriend. What do you say?"

I pretend to think about it even though I already know what I want, "Thing is, I like another hotter, sexier, sm-" I'm cut off when Hayden's lips meet mine in a sense of urgency.

"I'll make you forget this other guy, Babygirl." He growls possessively, tightening his grip.

I laugh against his lips, "There is no other guy and I'd love to be your girlfriend."

Hayden spins me around, a genuine smile on his lips, showcasing the dimples only the lucky ones have seen like myself, "I like you so much, April."

"I like you too, Hayden. Also, we're going to Sapphire's for a movie night. Tom will be there, Nathan and his boyfriend will be there and we're going to be there."

Hayden nods, his forehead on mine, "Sounds good to me. God, I'm so lucky." Loads emotions swirl in his brown orbs and I find myself leaning closer to Hayden if that's even possible.

"I am Hayden, so fucking much." My boyfriend chuckles, pulling away and I find myself missing his warm touch.

He tilts his head to the side, "Hearing you swear is so satisfying to hear, it's a massive turn on."

"Hayden." I blush, hitting him hard on the chest.

"Ow, that hurt like a bitch." He whimpers sarcastically, causing me to glare at him.

"Why do I like you again?"

Hayden ruffles my hair, walking away, "Because I'm awesome."

God, have mercy on me.