[1.10] T h e T a l k

C h a p t e r  T e n
A p r i l • P o v

"I'm freaking out here," Sapphire mumbles, pacing around her room like a cheetah.

"You look fine, Sapphire. Its clear to see Tom really likes you, you've got nothing to worry about. This is like the 7th date you two have had." She relaxes before looking at me sternly.

"You need to get your shit together. I know you still like Hayden and it hurts seeing him with other girls and then there's cute Nathan. No offence but I prefer Hayden. Nathan is too safe, Hayden is more of an adventure and he's hella sexy." My shoulders sag as I realise what's she's saying is right.

Too right.

I look at the picture of the both of us on her desk, "I can't just tell him that I like him when it's clear he doesn't share those feelings. I'd look like an idiot, correction, I already look like an idiot."

Sapphire punches the bridge of her nose, frustrated, "You two are so dammn difficult, the day you and Hayden finally confess your feelings for each other is the day I will finally be at peace with myself."

I roll my eyes even though I love my bestfriend, with her dramatic ways.

The doorbell goes and I open the door to Sapphire's apartment, "Hey Tom, looking good."

He smiles at me, giving me a brief hug, "Thanks April, is Sapphire ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, babe." She grins, looking gorgeous in a green crop top and jeans, paired together with heels.

"Have fun, I'll be at mine if you need me Sapphire." She nods, locking the door as I wave them off and walk back to the apartment that once felt like home.

I'm about to grab my keys when I feel his presence behind me. His scent engulfs me like a blanket and I have to fight the urge to wrap my arms around him and kiss him like crazy.

"April, h-h-hi."

I look at him, annoyed that's he finally speaking to me after one whole month, "Hello?" I ask, like it's more of a question.

Hayden sighs, looking pained as he stares at me, "I-I-I'm sorry for n-n-not talking to you for a month, you have every right to be angry at me."

If only he knew that wasn't the real reason I was angry.

"You have no idea how bad I felt Hayden, I thought you liked me. I really did, I even planned telling you I felt the same way and then you come home with some random girl hanging off your arm. How do you think I felt? Then to top it all off, you wouldn't even talk to me as if the very thought of my existence disgusted you." A tear rolls down my cheek after my confession and I only nod in satisfaction when Hayden's eyes brim with tears.

Serves him right.

"I'm over you, Hayden. I don't care who you decide to kiss or go out with. I never have and I never will."

I attempt to go back to my room, key word being tried when my body is suddenly pinned against the wall.

"Get the fûck off me. I hate you so much, Hayden West. You drive me so fucking crazy."

Hayden looks at me broken before a tear rolls down his cheek. No matter how much he annoys and frustrates me, I wipe away his tears, knowing I still like Hayden.

A lot more than I should.