doctor visit - Byron

I opened my eyes and looked around, the strange creature was still here, I tried quietly wriggling myself off the bed, it hurt my wrist but I could deal with it now, I lowered myself to the floor and tip toed towards the door, I pushed it open as it hadn't been closed properly, I carefully tip toed through, trying to ignore the dull throbbing pain in my legs.

I entered the hallway and traveled towards the front entrance, I tried to reach the knob but this one seemed higher and harder to twist, I gave up due to the strain and looked around another room, it seemed to be a lounge room, I looked at the couch and tried to squeeze my sore body behind it, I gave up and tried to go backwards, but the feeling of a clawed hand on my back made me jolt forward, I was now stuck, but out of reach, I heard some more gurgling and then the couch was moved, I froze to the spot, the creature gurgled some more and stroked the back of its claws along my back, I felt glad it wasn't using the sharp side.

It kept doing that till I tried to move away, then it quickly picked me up under its arm again, I wriggled some more and shouted for it to put me down and go away, it didn't seem to be affected by my shouts and moving so I stopped and hung limp, it walked out of the house and locked the door behind it, it then walked along a footpath, I looked around me, similar creatures were walking around, some looked at me and made gurgling noises, and others were rushing off in a hurry.

We reached a strange building, the creature holding me talked to another behind a desk, the other one seemed to gurgle excitedly, then I was brought into a room, it had a massive metal table, my creature placed me on the table, I glared at it with distrust, the one who must be a receptionist gurgled some more before leaving, the one who had captured me began stroking my head, I tensed up in fear.

Another creature entered, this one didn't seem to be the receptionist, it gurgled and approached me, I moved as far back as possible until I reached the other side of the table, the new creature kept coming, it stood by me and quickly injected something into me, I freaked out and headed towards the other side of the table, I looked at my arm, there was only a dab of blood, I glared at the new creature who put away a needle like tool, I began feeling light headed and weird, the new creature approached me again and removed the brace, I was struggling to control my body and take my arm back, but it was like I couldn't.

It carefully placed something cold on my wrist and then examined all my other injuries, it gurgled to my captor who gurgled back at it, I felt like crying, I felt so helpless, the creature who I guessed must be a doctor of some kind, put a bottle to my lips, a drop of liquid hit my tongue, it was water, nice cold water, I couldn't stop myself from gulping it down, but the doctor didn't let me drink to fast, it then shoveled some strange food into my mouth, I refused to chew it or swallow, it may taste delicious but it could be anything maybe even have a mind controlling drug, my captor approached and pinched my nose and tilted my head, the food hit my throat, I couldn't breath, I was forced to swallow.

I glared at the creatures who gurgled back and forth, but I still couldn't make myself do much, the doctor left then came back with what looked like clothes and something round, it removed my shirt and put on a newer one with long sleeves, it was made from strange material, it may have been soft and fluffy but never had I seen this before, it then tightened a metal thing around my waist, it had a metal ring, then I noticed the lead that was connected, then it put some strange pants on me, I was beginning to return to my senses and began moving away and trying to yank the metal off with my good hand, I couldn't it held firm and I tried twisting it but all that moved was the center area, it was one of those things that allowed it to spin around while remaining stable, I could spin in circles trying to tangle myself but the thing wouldn't allow it.

I glared at the creatures who watched me curiously, I looked at their dark fur and then their faces, I didn't seem to be falling under some mind control due to the food and my wrist was already feeling better thanks to the weird cold stuff, I didn't trust them no, but I knew that as long as I try and deal with them by pretending to gain trust then I might be able to escape.

My captor picked me up again, I still struggled even though so far it hadn't shown any signs of wanting to hurt me, it still ignored my struggles and carried me out, it gurgled with the receptionist once more and left.

He took me back to the house, placing me on the couch and stroking my head some more, I sat tense and unwilling to let this beast know that I had a plan, although it stroking my head did actually feel nice... No! I am not going to be swayed by the gestures of this thing!

It then left me alone, constantly poking its head in to see what I was doing, but I sat, thinking through how I'd escape,I could go out a window or even make sure the front door doesn't close properly.

Suddenly the creature picked me up once more, it carried me through the hallway to a back door, it led me through and put me down in a backyard, the fence seemed unclimbable, and the bushes and small tree were either to small or to far away from the fence to climb up to get over the fence, the creature was waving me off, I think it may be thinking I need to go to the toilet, which I did actually but I didn't know why I had to do it outside, but I decided to just get it over with, so I hid behind a bush and did my business.

I spent some time exploring the backyard on sore stiff legs, but that alone was to much for now, it brought me in, and closed the door before walking away, I headed for the lounge feeling it would be a better room to think in, and then I began putting the pieces together, the bath, the doctor, the lead, the weird waist collar, the going toilet outside, it was treating me like a dog... No it was treating me as if I was a pet its pet.

Strangely the idea of being a pet didn't bother me, it actually made my plans a whole lot easier, I could pretend to start trusting the creature and try to pretend to be a pet than when the time is right I will escape and get home.

So I let the creature feed me, and pretended to be more scared then I was, the confidence I felt was a powerful thing, the creature seemed content with what it managed to feed me and then it gave me a bowl of water which I drank, hating the embarrassing act of leaning over a bowl and sucking up water, the creature took me for another bath and cleaned my wounds, I felt great having the waist collar off for that time, then it reapplied the cold stuff to my wrist, which I accepted as it stopped the pain which was slowly beginning to return, but then it put the dreaded waist collar back on.

Then after some more time of plotting my escape, while pretending to avoid the creature, when really I was looking at all my escape options, it fed me again and didn't take me to bed but seemed to expect me to sleep on the couch, I understood the purpose, after all its dangerous sleeping with a wild 'animal', but if I was going to speed things up, I really need to pretend to be warily trusting, so I sat outside the creatures bedroom door and sat vigilantly till I took a long blink.