strangers and escape - Byron

I after a long while of sitting down, decided to get up, my captor walked out and placed down a bowl, it glanced at me before kneeling down in front of me and giving me a pat, it gurgled something and then headed off, I approached the bowl and ate, I began thinking of when I was going to escape, it was going to need to be soon, I was feeling better and sure my wrist was still sore but it seemed well enough to attempt an easy escape.

I was brought in as it got darker and colder, I didn't receive a bath but my wrist did receive the cold thing, the stranger lay on the couch and watched the strange TV, I didn't understand these creatures at all, but I figured the two were either friends or possibly siblings, but for now I'll just title them as friends.

My captor went to the bedroom and didn't close the door, the friend gestured me over, I decided to sit in the hallway, I ignored the creatures attempt and sat in the hallway examining the front door, it'd be so simple, I might be able to open this door now that I'm in slightly better shape, I decided to use a few items that were present in the hallway, like a weird box that hadn't been here before which seemed to hold some kind of metal contraption which looked familiar, the box itself could probably hold my weight anyway.

I woke to knocking on the door, it was rapid and quick, both of the creatures in the house seemed to leap to life, my captor crashed out of its bedroom, and rushed to the door while its friend ran out of the lounge room, they swung open the door to reveal another creature, it had horns which spiraled out of its head, I began to think about whether I had seen horns on any other of the creatures, yes I had!

The receptionist had weird horns, that traveled down the back of its head, so it was difficult to notice, but I believe it did, and several of the ones on the streets did to, maybe horns meant gender, so maybe they're male? But watching it faun over my captor, it seemed motherly, maybe females had horns and not males.

It rushed towards me and swung me into the air, I gasped and cried out, feeling slightly dizzy then had a blackout moment, I shook my head and gasped, it was looking at me in concern, I really didn't like this female, my captor gently persuaded what I think is its mother to release me, at least that's what I think he's doing as she slowly releases me and nods her head.

The friend gave me a pat and I sat there dizzy and uncertain, my eyes traveling to the box, the creatures wandered into the kitchen and I didn't move till my captor gurgled loudly, I slowly stood up and walked to the kitchen, there was a bowl filled with food, different more appetising looking food, this filled me with two emotions, desire and fear, I was taking a guess, but by the treatment of receiving such good food, being allowed to stay unsupervised outside yesterday and now several guests who could be used to hold me down while I was chipped or whatever, it was a small chance, but that was enough to convince me today was the day I needed to escape, I finished up my food quick, the group seemed distracted, I headed out unnoticed, I used the box and reached the knob, I twisted it and let the door open, I squeezed through the gap and the door closed by itself.

I looked around, I was out, I was free, I can go home! I ran, heading towards the jungle which stood tall like a backdrop to the suburb, I reached it quickly heading along the path, I stopped at a part that seemed vaguely familiar, although there was no sign of my fall.

I gazed around, dread filled me, I had been fighting this knowledge, I had been holding it down, but now it faced me like an angry wasp continuously piercing my mind, I didn't know were to go, I had fallen from the damn sky! I looked up at the sky as it shone blue.

I continued running, I diverged off the path than met the path again, how far had I gone? I tried to convince myself I'd find a way, I'd know the way, but the jungle was just a jungle, confusing and forcing me to face this awful truth.

I collapsed at a tree and fell into my deafening thoughts.

There were noises, Chitters and caws, and maybe some growling, something was heading towards me, it was almost cat like, but it was bigger than me, with slim smooth brown fur, it had a more bear like face with short cat ears, I turned away and ran, I could hear its paws hitting the ground as it chased me, my thoughts left me, all I knew was that I wanted to live, I must have been out here for quite a few hours, as I had spent a lot of time lost in my thoughts, I finally reached another clearing, it was the path again, the same place that I had fallen, I saw a familiar figure running up the path, loudly gurgling, it stopped as I collapsed at its feet, on my knees and just staring at the ground.

My captor was gurgling something and I heard a strange purring, I didn't care about anything, other than my survival, I was trapped and now my only place of safety was with some strange creature that didn't even understand my intelligence, and all I felt was fear and dread, I was no longer going to live a life I control.