25. Fame

Scarlet had some summer vibes music playing outside as she, Clara, and I were hanging in the pool.

Clara didn't say anything about my scars which was nice. She did, however, comment on my tattoo. To be perfectly honest, I didn't mind it that much. It's just a small remembrance of what will hopefully remain the craziest adventure of my life. It would make a great story for the grandkids.

That thought was weird to me. I never saw myself reaching old age actually. I really didn't even think I would live to see eighteen given how much of a flight risk I was with my own life. The thought of living a full life finally occurred to me. It was weird because I could never imagine myself being old. I really didn't think I would get that far.

I was laying on one of those floats when Scarlet swam up and tipped me over out of nowhere. I hadn't gotten my hair wet on purpose because it was I had just taken a shower earlier that day. I was pissed.

As I went under water, I made the decision to swim between Scarlet's legs and tip her over. I felt as her torso and head splashed into water above me.

I came up from the water and I saw her turn towards me. "Oh, you're dead," she said in a sinister voice. She lunged towards me and took me under. My ass smacked the pool floor. I closed my eyes due to the chlorine, but I felt her press her lips against mine under the water. I kissed her back, but it ended quickly due to the lack of oxygen.

We both emerged from the water slowly, looking each other in the eyes.

"That was cute guys, do it again," Clara said while she was floating on an inflatable orca.

I looked at Scarlet whose face was a deep shade of pink. She looked nervous. I smiled to let her know that that was okay. She smiled back. Then she splashed me really hard in the face.

"Watch it, Scar, you almost got me!" Clara called out.

"I'm going to go lay out in the sun," Scarlet said trying to change the subject as she headed for the steps.

"Wait!" I called out. She turned around and I immediately splashed her back.

She was about to retaliate when I flinched in pain. I quickly developed a wicked bad headache. My head just started pounding and throbbing and my vision went slightly fuzzy for a second.

"Are you okay?" Scarlet asked with the most concerned look on her face.

"Yeah, I think I might've gotten a concussion when Stevie knocked me out," I said, realizing I barely even told her who Stevie was. There was a lot to my little tangent journey that she didn't need to know.

"Is Stevie the guy you killed?" Scarlet asked, immediately putting her hand over her mouth.

I knew it. I knew that even if I was cleared everyone would still think that I killed him. I walked over to the steps and got out of the pool.

"I'm sorry, Billie. That was a slip. I know you didn't kill him. I was just so thrown off last night when they told me they were suspecting you of murder and that you were covered in blood and I had to be okay with it if it were true," she said while chasing after me.

"I get it. I'm sorry, but I should probably go," I responded, quietly. I knew it was probably a slip, but my headache wasn't allowing for much clear and rational thinking on my part. My brain was throbbing in my skull.

"Billie!" I heard Scarlet cry out as I fell to the ground, unconscious.

--

I woke up in the backseat of Clara's car. They were driving me to the hospital probably.