Training

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved AQUAMAN and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters and I wanted to explore Atlantis. I especially liked King Orm and think he might've made a great king if he had the right person with him.

If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is here so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________
Orm continued to twirl his trident with a graceful flurry. The silver caught the sun's rays just right causing it to shine and light up the room bringing a smile to his face. His father would reprimand him for wearing his excitement on his face, but he couldn't resist. He thought of Nerida everyday since they were parted. Each gift he sent for her birthday, he imagined how her face would brighten. He hoped she appreciated each item he crafted with his own hands. He wanted to be remembered every time she gazed upon or used his gifts so she'd never forget their friendship. He attempted such gestures with Mera. He crafted fine jewelry from the best pearls and offered manuscripts to help her sharpen her hydrokinesis skills, but she still kept her heart shielded. Eventually, he gave up and resigned himself to an unhappy marriage like the one his parents shared. He just hoped that it wouldn't end the same way.

He was pulled from his melancholic musings when he heard a giggle come from the training arena's entrance. He smirked toward his new training partner. "Something amusing you, my lady?"

Nerida swam closer, her dark locks billowing around her. "I was just thinking about how much has changed," she motioned to his trident, "I remember when you thought the trident a giant pitchfork..."

"Hey!" He laughed, "You couldn't even lift it up to your shoulder."

She playfully smacked his shoulder. "I had weak arms!"

"Well, I want to see if things have changed," he glided toward the rack of weapons, "Choose your weapon."

Nerida's eyes sparkled as she surveyed the selection. She hovered around a pair of daggers. She could used her flexibility and agility to take him down, but she'd have to get real close. She glided to a spear like her father carried. It wasn't as heavy as the trident but she always found those weapons awkward. The spear and the trident wouldn't do. A smile crept on her face as her eyes found a pair of swords. She caressed the blades and thought of a strategy while Orm looked on.

She's teasing me! He thought, Well, two can play that game!

She finally grabbed the duel blades and entered the ring without another word. Orm took his position in front of her and bowed. She bowed in return and chose her favorite stance. "May the Gods make known their will." She declared.

They circled each other for a moment, daring each other to make the first move. After one complete circle, Nerida made the first move. In a flash she swiped her swords down on Orm's head. He was pleasantly surprised that he barely and time to block. In that moment, they gazed into each other's eyes and smirked at each other. They finally found their match. Orm pushed her off and their dance began. He was amazed at her agility. He barely had time to keep up with each jab and strike. She moved as if the swords were an extension of her arms yet she was graceful and precise. He fought back using his brute strength to fend off her attacks and hopefully corner her. He began to feel his stamina drain and knew he had to claim victory soon. With a swing of his trident, he gave her a false opening. She took the bait and aimed her sword for his throat to make him yield. But as quick as an eel, he blocked her swords with flip of his trident with one hand and grasped her throat with the other. Before she could recover he pinned her to the floor and demanded she yield. Begrudgingly she tapped the floor, signaling her defeat.