Crowned King

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved AQUAMAN and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters and I wanted to explore Atlantis. I especially liked King Orm and think he might've made a great king if he had the right person with him.

If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is here so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________

Orvax waited patiently on his throne for his son's victorious return. The Brine had been restless and sought more territory than those monstrosities deserved. Orvax originally wanted to lead the charge but his son, his brave inexperienced son, volunteered in his stead. As a father, his first instinct was to refuse and keep Orm safe behind Atlantis' impenetrable walls. Since he never remarried, Orm was his sole heir and he refused to let that half-breed within a league of that throne. He may not have been as affectionate with Orm as Atlanna, he'll admit he was rather harsh with his son, but he still felt immense pride as he watched his son excel in his studies and gain respect and admiration from his subjects. His true test was through battle and Orm was exemplary.

King Orvax heard the roaring of the joyous crowd outside the palace, signaling the Crown Prince's arrival. Orvax sat up straighter and kept his eyes fixed on the doors. He completely ignored Princess Mera who sat on a small chair to his right while Vulko took his place on his left.

CLANG! CLANG!

"Announcing," The herald's voice echoed throughout court, "Crown Prince Orm Marius, Hero of Atlantis!"

Thunderous applause filled the room as the massive doors swung open revealing their prince. Orm glided through the water and held his head high. His eyes never left his father's face. While his father's expression was always stoic, Orm knew the subtle differences in his father's face and that slight twitch of the mouth told him that his father was laughing like a lunatic. The thunderous applause fell on deaf ears as Orm approached his father. The Court stilled when he reached the King and bowed before him.

"Your majesty," Orm spoke with a clear resounding voice, "Our valiant troops held back the enemy and return to you victorious!"

Orvax rose from his throne and approached his son. Raising his trident, gently tapped Orm on the shoulder. "Rise, Hero of Atlantis." Orm gracefully stood proud and ready to receive his father's words. "You have shown honorable leadership and courage under fire. For your duty to your people, I bestow upon you the Coral Heart Medal." A servant swam up to the king holding a cushion that cradled the medal. Orvax gently grabbed the medal and firmly clasped it to Orm's armor. Their eyes connected and on that moment an understanding was shared between them. No longer stood a scared boy crying for his disgraced mother. No longer stood an idealistic youth who mimicked his disgraced mother's views of the Surface Dwellers. War had cleansed this prince of childish notions just as it did the King before him. Now stood an heir worthy of Atlan's legacy. Now stood the future of Atlantis.

"My people!" King Orvax exclaimed. "Rejoice! Our Crown Prince has returned and our kingdom secure once more. Hail Prince Orm!"

"HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!" The crowd chanted.

"A celebration will be held in your honor." Orvax offered a genuine smile. "When things die down meet me here and I'll include you in on something I've been working on for a long time."

"What is it, Father?"

"Let's just say I think it's time for Ocean Master to lead us to the future." He patted his son's shoulder. "Now go and get reacquainted with Princess Mera. I heard she'll be heading back to Xebel to protect the Mother Box. Spend as much time with her as you can."