A Stroll

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved AQUAMAN and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters and I wanted to explore Atlantis. I especially liked King Orm and think he might've made a great king if he had the right person with him.

If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is here so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________
Orm found himself in his study looking over notes for another book of essays he planned to publish for his people. His concentration only broke when his guards announced that The Queen and Crown Prince had arrived. He smiled and turned to his waiting family. A small blonde child clumsily swam toward him.

"Papa!" He squealed happily in Orm's arms. He held the child tight and smiled at his Queen.

Nerida rested a hand on her heavily pregnant belly and offered a hand to him. She looked radiant in a flowing purple gown and a modest pearl circlet that graced her brow. How her eyes sparkled at him! "We're planning on taking a stroll through the garden. Come with us?"

"I always have time for you two." He smiled as he eagerly accepted her hand while holding his little prince in his other arm. They laughed and chatted with each other while the servants smiled and bowed to them. He like a true king with his Queen and Prince and felt the respect of his people as they passed them by. Once they reached the garden, the little prince let go of his father and happily chased a clownfish that swam across him path. Nerida giggled and chased after him. Orm, however, stayed back and admired the view. His kingdom and his family were safe and happy. That was all that mattered.

Suddenly the city grew darker and screams broke the serenity of the kingdom. A Surface Dweller warship descended on the city opening fire on the civilians and buildings below. The bright magnificent structured blinked out and collapsed around him followed by screams of horror. He tried to spring into action but his body couldn't move. He was frozen as he watched the debris fall around him while his people choked in the oil and toxic waste the Surface Dwellers were dumping.

"ORM!"

He turned to his family reaching out for him. His little prince wailed in terror as he held onto his mother. His Queen held her hand out to him begging him to take it. He watched in horror as a piece of the palace plummet toward his loved ones...
***********************
Orm jolted awake from the hellish nightmare. It was a nightmare that was an all too familiar phantom. The weight of the crown was not only felt physically but mentally as well. His nightmares were filled with images of his people choking to death on the poison Surface Dwellers carelessly dumped in their beautiful waters while his warriors fought the Surface Dweller war machines. But this time, seeing Nerida die the same way her mother did, made his heart hurt like nothing he experienced before. It was times like this that he was thankful the the sea carried away his tears.

He sighed as he rubbed his eyes and pulled himself out of bed. He swam to his grand balcony and observed the vibrant life of his kingdom. He needed to assure himself that it was still standing and that he still had the strength to keep it that way. His macabre thoughts were interrupted by the sight of two turtles lazily swimming towards him. He smiled as he recognized the mated pair.

"Hello, my friends." He patted the male and checked the female's injuries. "Looks like you're healing nicely. Enjoying your stay?"

The male offered a gentle nod while the female slightly nuzzled his palm. She turned her head to look behind him as if looking for someone. Orm sensed the question coming from the female.