Return to Atlantis

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved AQUAMAN and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters and I wanted to explore Atlantis. I especially liked King Orm and think he might've made a great king if he had the right person with him.

If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is here so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________

Orm's gaze was fixed on maps of the ocean. Scouts reported that another Surfacer Dweller drill caused a leak spilling gallons of oil into the water poisoning the marine life. Either Surface Dwellers didn't learn from their engineering mistakes or the simply didn't care about the damage they left in their wake. They needed to move quickly if they were going to save the local marine life and relocate them to safer waters.

"My King," an Admiral he recognized from the border of Atlantis approached him.

"Speak." He commanded.

"Lord Vulko was seen entering the city," he informed the king.

"He was due back today," Orm replied not taking his eyes off the map, "That's no surprise."

"He arrived with his daughter, Lady Nerida."

Orm paused, "Lady Vulko has returned?"

"I saw her myself, your Majesty." The admiral straightened. "Shall I send someone to escort her to court?"

Orm kept his eyes fixed on the maps and continued to type in orders for the relocation of marine life. He didn't want to give any emotion away, but inside he felt such elation. He was eager to see his childhood friend again, but he didn't want to seem too eager. "Court convenes this afternoon. Have one of the footmen send for the Vulkos so we can properly receive her at Court. While we're at it, tell the kitchens to prepare a special dinner for the Vulkos at the Palace."

With a wave of his hand he dismissed the admiral to carry out his duties. After he finished giving orders to his army, he returned to the privacy of his personal study. He thought about his friend over the years. He often gazed out the vastness of the ocean separating them and thought about how she was. He wondered what she was studying, if she kept up with her training, if she had friends, if she had suitors. He kept his correspondence minimal as his father instructed. His father held out hope that his relationship with Princess Mera would improve now that Nerida was gone, but alas. Mera kept Orm at arms length, unable to forgive Orvax for executing Queen Atlanna and furious with Orm's lack of will to defy his father. Orm's hope of a loving marriage had been destroyed with his mother's death. Orm gave up attempts to win Mera when she left for Xebel to protect the Mother Box and decided to focus on his duty to Atlantis. He received gifts from Nerida throughout the years and always took comfort in knowing that she thought about him. He in turn sent her gifts for her birthday and hoped each gift he crafted put a smile on her face. He hoped that Vulko wouldn't mind the large reception for his daughter.

He turned to the hologram on his desk of Nerida, Princess Mera, and himself. It was good that he had a friend come back to his lonely court.

A king has no friends, his father's voice warned.

This is different, he rationalized, She's different.
*******************************

Nerida felt like she could soar.

A footman gave her and her father and invitation to have dinner with the King and the council to welcome her back to Atlantis. She hoped that she would make a good impression on the Lords and Ladies. Their wealth and support would be the greatest asset to future projects for The Academy and The Scholars.