Chapter 2

"Toriii! Can you come here for a second please?"her voice was so angelic and sweet.

"Yes mom?"I smiled so bright as I turned the corner to see her trying to operate her smart phone.

"Could you help-"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that."her voice became distorted after that noise cut her off. I tried walking towards her to hear her better but she kept getting farther away the closer I got.

"Could you please help me wi-"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Tori! Why don't you get the hell up off your lazy ass and turn that f*cking alarm off! "I opened my eyes to see my bedroom door open and Malcolm standing at the frame with the hardest glare on his face. "NOW!"he slammed my door shut once he had caught my eye contact then I heard him storm downstairs.

I really don't know how someone can be such a monstrosity of a person.

Groaning, I rolled to my right to look at my alarm clock.

7:15

"Shit. I thought I set this thing for 7:00. Damn it. Now I'm going to be late." Typical me. I wasn't even all suprised. Disappointed. But not suprised.

When I finally got the strength to leave my precious bed, I hurriedly went to my ensuite to take a quick shower. When I walked past the mirror and took a quick glance, I did a double take and froze.

What in the fricking hell did I just see??

I had to backtrack to the mirror to see if  what I saw at first glance was actually true.

When I got to the mirror and stared at myself, I couldn't believe what I was actually seeing.

A big purple and blue hand shaped bruise stood evidently on the gape of my neck, contrasting with my dark complexion.

Shit.

The only thought that started running through my head was the fact that I was going to have to wear makeup today, which sucks because I hate putting non essential things on my face. I wouldn't deem myself as 'beautiful' but I wasn't hard to look at, so I wouldn't try to go the extra mile to look as flawless as Millie Bobby Brown or Beyonce.

With a heavy sigh and a drag in my steps, I took a shower and got dressed.

My outfit consisted of a black cropped sweater, black ripped jeans and black combat boots. I didn't bother putting makeup on my face and just went for the heavy combination of concealer on my neck. I managed to comb my thick kinky hair and put all of it back in a ponytail. When I did a quick glance around the room to ensure I didn't forget anything, I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

Leo was already sitting at the table eating his breakfast while playing on his iPod.

"Hey bud. Ready for school?" I asked him as I took a piece of toast from his plate.

"I should think so. Let me check."he momentarily stopped eating his breakfast and started to open his bag that was beside him on the bar stool. "I have my bag...my books...my pencils...and my-okay. I have everything. I'm ready." He told me as he smiled with his slightly crooked teeth.

"Okay."I grabbed my bag and started to head for the door but stopped when I realized that Malcolm isn't around the dinning table reading the newspaper.