26

"I can't sit beside you?" She whispered as he rand I stood in the kitchen alone after listening to my moms car plans of how we would all ride to go walk through a Christmas lights thing.

She luckily got stuck between Ben and Jack- and there was no possible seat arrangements due to people not getting along or two other people easily fitting in the back due to our sizes.

At least that's what Mom thought.

I went to Ben, hitting him lightly.

"Trade seats with me"

"Mums going to kill-" "Vanessa isn't comfortable, Ben" I stressed to him, knowing he knew her past.

He immediately caught on, giving me a nod.
"Let's just not make it obvious"

I went back to Vanessa, who was talking to Mali, the two of them smiling into the conversation.

"I got Ben to switch seats with me but you're still going to have to sit beside Jack" I exhaled, seeing relief flood her face.

"Thank you"

"She has the cutest American accent" Mali smiled.

"She's got a lot of Australian slang to learn"

We were soon all loading into the cars, Ben and I making the switch before mom was even outside.

Vanessa immediately leaned her head into my shoulder as we all buckled up- Ashton starting to drive.

"Ben, Mate you wore your thongs to see Santa?" Jack spoke, making Vanessa very slowly look to me, and I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Oh- I forgot to change, do you think he'll put me on the naughty list for not looking appropriate?"

Vanessa had no idea what the fuck was going on, and that was clear by her facial expression.

Ashton and I were absolutely dying from laughter- gasping for air every few seconds.

"What's so fucking funny?" Ben suddenly spoke.

"Vanessa only knows the American term for thong, which is underwear" Ashton managed to say through laughter, causing both boys to start laughing with us.

"I forget she's full American" Ben spoke as he looked back at her.

"I'm not wearing skimpy underwear- only cheap flip flops" He laughed out, making Vanessa immediately laugh, rubbing her face gently, making me kiss her head.

"Like I said earlier" I spoke to no one in particular

"A lot of Australian slang to learn"